Religion and Forum Continuity Do Not Mix

Started by Tony W, February 17, 2010, 08:05:40 AM

Tony W

Quote from: SteveB on February 17, 2010, 01:59:21 PMAw, sh*t. Guess it's the wrong week for uploading my version of God Only Knows.   :'(

ROFLMAO

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

My apologies up front but I just gotta...

Fight the power!

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Maverick31

Man, outlawing anything related to religion? I will never mention what my beliefs are, but I have no problem if others want to. The only time moderation should ever be used would be for the purpose of making sure that there will be no arguments over which religion is right, or something like that.
Just out of the short time I've been here, I have not seen anyone that would seem the type to start those kind of problems.
If you think about it, a lot of songs were probably made having religion in mind... sometimes not obvious, but that's the beauty of self interpretation. The songs that musicians create should be interpretated by listeners according to how THEY precieve it. That's one of the greatest things about listening to other peoples music... you can make it into something personal to you, have it possibly mean something entirely different than the  musician who wrote it. Thats what music is about when listening to it.
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead."
-Layne Staley

Tony W

I have to admit that I'm a bit shocked by how many people jumped on the censorship bandwagon. I thought I articulated quite well, that it's not about the music but the

Text

associated with the music. Maintaining neutrality I suppose is a pipe dream. Maverick, you should really read the first post again.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Henwrench got it in one. This is all about a few recent posts which, to be fair, seem confused rather than preachy. There wasn't any trouble before that. Well, not much, lol.

We don't need censorship. We just need to respect each other. And slap down anyone who doesn't play nicely.

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SE

A lot of views being aired here as far as I,m concerned, give it a listen and if you don,t like it don,t click it again, have had no problem with 99.9% of the posts on this site.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Vanncad

QuoteWe don't need censorship. We just need to respect each other. And slap down anyone who doesn't play nicely.

Agreed x 2.

Give peace a fighting chance.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase