Life Interrupted (keyboard/guitar instrumental)

Started by Satchwood, February 13, 2010, 08:19:10 PM

Satchwood

Satchwoods_Life_Interrupted
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I think we've all had our lives interrupted by many things that can range from being serious, sad, happy, annoying, busy, etc.  Most of the time their temporary....but sometimes their very profound.

Well I decided to compose a song, that I may add some lyrics to later, that attempts to capture this feeling.......     It's called:

"Life Interrupted"

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

mr2kewl

take some ELP stir it with Alan Parsons and add dash of Styx.

what a cool listen.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

Rolow

I like that you established this pleasant musical idea, and then came the inevitable and intended interruptions.  One interruption was particularly rude and disruptive (heavy metal guitar), but then you recovered.  In fact, it seemed just shortly later, that you had tamed that particular beast (somewhat cleaner, more melodic guitar riff).

Nice playing and recording.  I find this very original and well arranged.  Please post again if and when you come up with lyrics.

Ron
Let it be known, there is a fountain, that was not made, by the hands of men.

launched

Quote from: Rolow on February 13, 2010, 08:53:04 PMI like that you established this pleasant musical idea, and then came the inevitable and intended interruptions.  One interruption was particularly rude and disruptive (heavy metal guitar), but then you recovered.  In fact, it seemed just shortly later, that you had tamed that particular beast (somewhat cleaner, more melodic guitar riff).

I agree with that statement. I love the rude and nasty guitar - Don't know how you managed to get it to fit, but it works so freakin' well.

This one rules Tommy. And I think that cool vocal style of yours will work very well here! I'd like to see this one get taken to the next level.

Sweeeeeet!!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

looking forward to hearing where you go with this one tommy i think it has a lot of scope for a lyric/vox
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

I'm glad that you guys (Jim & Mark) think that this has potential for lyrics - I'll have to see what i can do...  Thank you for listening and commenting!!

Thank you for the reference (mr2cool) - that is a great compliment!

The keyboard part is supposed to represent one's life journey; and the the contrasting guitar parts are supposed to represent the life interruptions that come along...  i think (Rolow) was on to me!  Thanks for the comments and for listening!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Very cool and expressive music Tommy. I think this one stands very well on it's own no words are necessary, but would be cool to hear anyway !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Tangled Wires

Love how this one grooves along Tommy, this is made for a vocal in my opinion.

That filthy guitar coming in every now and again gives it a real freshness, and stunning playing as usual.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

Your guitar skills are a pleasure to listen to, Satch. Yea, get some lyrics and growl away, big boy!!

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Your keyboard skills are just so impressive.  You have been hiding some of your talents.  Lyrics would be interesting.!!  Will be watching and waiting.
PJ