"Unplugged Fest" - "Heart of stone" a Jemima's Kite cover by Geir

Started by Geir, February 04, 2010, 02:30:06 PM

Oldrottenhead

QuoteThank you Geir. It's a wonderful interpretation. Its made me quite emotional.
weve been on the phone all daylike a couple of schoolgirls in anticipation, now having heard it weve been on the phone all night like a couple of old ladies getting all emulsional
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

Great cover, great original. Loved it. 64, nothing escapes you!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on February 04, 2010, 04:47:57 PM
Quote64, nothing escapes you!
thats why they call him 64
My though excactly !

Thanks Mike Dave Tharek Tony ....

this was kinda emotional for me too  ....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

just listened on the headphones getting the delayed vox wow. have i said how much i love this song. i know i am repeating myself.

just listened on the headphones getting the delayed vox wow. have i said how much i love this song. i know i am repeating myself.

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Mach

Hey Geir, I hadn't heard the original but I like this...great lyrics. ORH did you write this? I'll go check the original version later.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i wrote the lyrics, and mike and tim did the music. lyrics are on the surface very simple and twee but they are very deep like the deepest fjord, geir knows their true meaning and has been to the deepest fjords too, we have never met but we have shared experiences
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

hooper

What a world we have here.... A place where a great song like this could arise up in the first place and then have this wonderful unplugged version come along a year later!  
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

lg

Fabulous cover Geir!
I love both versions now!
You guys rock.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

Redler

I  just listened the original version. It is a genious tune and Geir has made an excellent cover of it! Solid Geir-quality !

- Kari
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR