Me & Tharek Messing Around (Transcontinental Acoustic Duel!)

Started by launched, January 20, 2010, 10:21:07 PM

launched

DUELL
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok, I bought an acoustic guitar for the first time in my life. Chatted with Tharek (Osckilo), and after talking about the details of my purchase I instantly get "GUITAR DUEL!!!!!!!"

This was cool - We ordered each other the chords we wanted played over 30sec clips. All melded together. About 3 hours worth of work. It's rough, but yet I'm thrilled with the results. It could have turned out to be a complete train wreck, but it actually worked out fine.

And so I give you the "Transcontinental Acoustic Guitar Duel".

3 minutes you'll never get back...  ;D

Peace,

Mark

P.S. - I did the strummy shit - Tharek did the good stuff.

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

3rd listen and I hate you. This came out so damn well. You sound like you've been playing acoustic forever. I'm going to sign my boob collection over to you now, I've become impotent.

Congrats on the guitar, and congrats on making it sound so damn good.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Bluesberry

You call this messing around, I call this the sound of two brilliant guitarists having the time of their lives.  This is like when Bert Jansch and John Renbourn got together.  The interplay is very good, it really feels like you two are sitting in the same room playing.   http://www.amazon.com/Bert-John-Jansch/dp/B00006GOAE

The acoustic guitar really suits you Mark, keep playing it.  Put it on a stand so you can grab it any time you have 5 minutes free time and play, play, play.  What kind did you get?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Wiley

You two really sound great!! Awesome dynamics!  Don't hear a lot of that going in to many posts!! I agree you could have been in the same room.  Very well done.  And yes I am jealous to Mark!!
Pick up an acoustic and play like that!!
PJ

launched

Thanks, guys - I'm going to try to stick with it. Very addicting, but difficult!! I don't think I would have posted anything for a few days if it were not for Tharek!  :D

I bought this up the road from a "don't want it" seller for $100US. It's an Ibanez Artwood AW120RDV. It's not a bad guitar - I love it. Even has Grover tuners.

Thanks again!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Redler

A real beautiful melody and well played - both! A nice contrast between steel and nylon strings! Congrats for the new guitar, Mark!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gringo

This is really very nice and makes me think of being on a holiday in somewhere hot and dusty.
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER

Gary F

I'm like Tony,This keeps drawing me back for another listen.Great job guys!!! 

Gary