Vote for the next festival.

Started by 64Guitars, January 20, 2010, 10:38:26 AM

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: henwrench on January 20, 2010, 04:20:57 PMI see 'Unplugged' is running away with the vote. What does it mean? Like just do an 'acoustic' version of somebody else's shit or do an 'acoustic' version of your own shit? Wasn't that 'Unplugged' thing big in the early Nineties or something? What year is it now? Hasn't the human race moved on from watching over-blown, drugged-up junkies pretending they've got 'soul' because, like, look man it's on an acoustic guitar, crooning away to some trash that would've been thrown out by real talent? Or do we wanna 'Craft some shit of our own?

henwrench

You can't be serious...

You just described the majority of the major rockstars, commercially or critically, in the last 50 years (at least).

What does doing something acoustically, ie "UNPLUGGED" have anything to do with doing a cover or original? Like other FESTS, do what ever you want. Leave that pretentious, self-righteous BS at home. If you don't like it, then don't participate.

Apparently some of us in the human race have not moved beyond judging others based on some  ridiculous idea of what THEY believe to be the "right" music or not.

Gritter

Wow this is getting heated...and when things get heated a reach for a little comic relief.

How about a tribute song?

I believe this may fit the "Unplugged" category.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcJwz7wu8_s

64Guitars

I'm sure that most of these ideas will become a Songcrafters.org festival eventually. Whichever one is voted in this time will probably run through most of February. Then in March, I'll post the poll again, but with the February fest removed. We'll probably have a new festival each month, give or take a couple of weeks. So all of the themes have a good chance of being voted in eventually.

Some of the more successful festivals might be repeated annually or bi-annually. For example, I think YuleFest should be repeated each December. And NeilFest was such a success that I think we should have another. If not this year, then perhaps in 2011. But in the remaining months of the year, we'll have festivals based on the other themes from the current poll plus any new ideas we come up with.

I like the idea of doing covers of each other's original songs. I had thought of that earlier today and was going to post the idea but Gritter beat me to it. I won't add it to the current poll, but it will definitely be in the next one. Meanwhile, I suggest we keep the idea in mind when listening to original songs here and take note of any songs we'd like to cover when the time comes.

Another idea that might be fun is a "Plugged-In" festival (the opposite of "unplugged"). We'd do rocked-out versions of acoustic songs, with amps on 11.

Anyway, I don't think anyone should be too concerned if their favourite theme doesn't get voted in this time around because it will probably rise to the top eventually. Be patient.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Gritter

You are the voice of reason good sir...we needed that. Thanks for clearing the air.

Why can't we just all get along?

Wiley

Very cool unplugged Bonjovi song Oski!!  I would think that would inspire anybody!!

Glenn Mitchell

At this time Beatles and unplugged are tied.
How about unplugged Beatles covers?
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

mr2kewl

i'm not telling you which cat i'm voting for.

hmm... acoustic Zappa!

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

launched

Quote from: mr2cool on January 20, 2010, 07:59:07 PMi'm not telling you which cat i'm voting for.

hmm... acoustic Zappa!

8)

Hmmm.... You, me & Geir would be all for that!!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 07:20:12 PMWow this is getting heated...

That has a tendency to happen when ignorance runs amuck. I for one don't appreciate being insulted based on the fact that  I have an acoustic guitar alone. And to have it happen on a music based forum?

I can't imagine that level of social bankruptcy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 07:20:12 PMWow this is getting heated...and when things get heated a reach for a little comic relief.

Mr. Wrench seems to get himself in that kind of box here from time to time. It's just his style. Maybe we should get over it. Well......
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover