Bassguitar

Started by Geir, January 20, 2010, 07:18:57 AM

Oldrottenhead

mind and keep the dry skin  as it peels from your shredded fingers, mike sends me his scrapings to prevent my hair receding any further than it already has, dont know if its working but they taste lovely.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Tony W

I'm going to go ahead and open up the stupidity here. My middle finger is half an inch longer than the index finger, and I have a hell of a time using just 2 fingers. Flash says use 3? I can't even get 2 fingers going....

Any tips on that?

Side note: My ring finger and Middle finger are very close in length

From Wikipedia
QuoteThe ratio between index and ring finger is believed to be linked to exposure to the male hormone testosterone in the womb. On average, men tend to have longer ring fingers and women longer index fingers. The higher the testosterone, the greater the length of the ring finger and the more "masculine" the resulting child

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

add your thumb?

...but don't listen to me. I would sound like a drummer trying to be a guitarist playing a bass!

Tony W

Quote from: Gritter on January 20, 2010, 12:36:13 PMadd your thumb?

...but don't listen to me. I would sound like a drummer trying to be a guitarist playing a bass!
you know what happens to drummers trying to be a guitarist playing a bass?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i was considering buying a bass till flash harry visited with his 5 string schrecter (spellcheck that one) and the top string was so low only a whale could hear it.  think i'll stick to my stylophone
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on January 20, 2010, 05:47:16 PMi was considering buying a bass till flash harry visited with his 5 string schrecter (spellcheck that one) and the top string was so low only a whale could hear it.  think i'll stick to my stylophone
I was looking at 5-strings too, but ended up with this one, maybe I'm getting old .... ::)

I did however pick up a stylophone when I was in London 2 weeks ago .. (and ... bugger ... didn't get to meet T or any of the other Londoners here ... ah well ... next time) ....

now .. I just need 8 days a week to get time to use my new gear ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Hey what a cool bass hope you get a lot of enjoyment from it. I bought the cheap Ibanez G10 model and it seems to do the job well. I,m the same as yourself never a bass player but it,s fun trying.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

I gotta get me one of those.......   congrats - lets here it sing!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

The testosterone and fingers connection is quite interesting!  I just did a check on everyone at the local pub and yes hm..........   Mens ring fingers are longer and womens index fingers are longer.  Must pursue this study farther!!???