From A Distant Star ('Aladdin Sane' Mix) by thouston and cuthbert

Started by cuthbert, January 18, 2010, 02:02:11 PM

thouston

I wish I had the original tracks, I had backed them up from my BR-600 to one of my PC's hard drives. I have 3 SATA drives in my PC, and one EIDE drive that I use for storage. The EIDE drive crashed, so I lost the backup image.

I had to download the original MP3 and convert it to WAV, I feel the bass track was a little weak.
Tony Houston

cuthbert

Sandy, Vanncad, and Tommy - many thanks for the Bowie compliments - I'm not worthy! But please let me know when the Bowiefest begins... ;)  Also thank you to Dave, Mark, andrewh, T, and PJ. Praise from all you talented folk who have shown me what's possible really means a lot to me. I'm gettin' all emotional now...   :D

And a special thanks to you, Tony - your composition and the story of how it came about were definitely the inspiration. Sorry to hear that the original tracks have been lost - that was a beefy and muscular sounding backer (even in its mp3 form), and it helped to propel where I went vocally. And your later additions were icing on the cake.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

thouston

It's a little OT, but if you haven't brought 'David Bowie - Live in Santa Monica '72' http://tinyurl.com/ybcyr9y, this was a great show.

I brought original bootleg on vinyl back in the late '70s, and the sound on the CD is much better.
Tony Houston

Oldrottenhead

i love the lyrics a perfect summary to man who fell to earth i wanna watch the movie know great stuff guys.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

I agree you captured the bowie sound. and I liked the 'lead' guitar. It works perfectly for the song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann