For the victims in Haiti

Started by Mach, January 17, 2010, 02:47:49 PM

Wiley

Mach, I think  being the featured song is  great!!  You are the only one on this forum that took the time to dedicate anything to Haiti!!  You should feel very honored!!  I don't think you should take your guitar ( it is superbe) out either unless some one offers something better!!!  This was your song for those poor people and it speak volumes in and of itself.  You are truly amazing to bring this feeling across!! You have my vote for being the special one this month!!!
PJ

launched

Wow, how did I miss this? What a great tribute, and fantastic song!

I love the lead and acoustic - Wish the acoustic was a little more prominent, but I have no idea how it could be done and maintain the crisp lead. Pro work way beyond my feeble mind.

Excellent!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Covermark

Very nice Mach. I love the acoustics. How did you make the stereo sound on that ?

The lead could be a bit more "phrasing"

Drums and bass are very fine.

Good job !!

Satchwood

Hey Mach, I think I mis-read your intro comment on your song - I thought you had a couple versions of this song, but I think you were referring to another song - my bad...  

I wouldn't take your mournful lead off at all - it's perfect!!  Millions of people were killed, injured, or affected by the devastating earthquake that struck the island of Haiti last week and you took the time to dedicate a song - Great job and you deserve to be at the top!!  You should had your name in the following news clip:

Music World Unites for 'Hope for Haiti' Telethon
AP

Bruce Springsteen, Jay-Z, Taylor Swift, Justin Timberlake, Keith Urban and Alicia Keys are just a few of the performers who will be featured, according to MTV Networks, an integral partner in the two-hour event.

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Mach

Wow guys thanks so much for all the kind comments. Wiley your words are quite inspiring, Thank you! Satchwood that would be a huge honor being up there with Springsteen and others, but I'm way, way outta that league. I would probably freeze up or faint like Emmett Ray did when he saw Django Reinhardt in the movie Sweet & Lowdown LOL. Well I'll leave it as is...thanks for the feedback.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Nice instrumental great tune and you stuck to it which is always a problem with a guitar song well played !!

PJD1
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Mach

Quote from: Covermark on January 20, 2010, 04:07:31 AMVery nice Mach. I love the acoustics. How did you make the stereo sound on that?
Hey Covermark, sorry I missed this earlier.
I just copied the acoustic track to another track at around 0.8ms ahead of the first and panned them hard R & L. Another way to do this is to slightly pitch shift one track and put it about 0.2 or 0.3s ahead of the other one. The pitch shift thing seems to work better with electric guitar tracks though. I've done it with acoustics and it sound a little warbly (is that a word?) to me.
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

This is a fine instrumental. Your lead was fantastic, it really sets the tone. Overall it's a beautiful piece. Bravo

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR