Desert Rain - Song A Week 2010-2

Started by T.C. Elliott, January 11, 2010, 05:01:35 AM

Tangled Wires

Some great acoustic sounds in there and another strong vocal performance.

You keep raising the bar with these, and can't wait to here the next song, as the ones to date have been pure quality!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

mike

Love this.  It reminds me of the sound used by the band Love especially the vocals.  Great playing also.  Look forward to number 3.

Mike

Flash Harry

My goodness me!  this is really very nice. I have a feeling I have heard the style before. It's a bit Ian Anderson. 
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Gritter

Excellent performance and beautiful arrangement. I love the bg vocals...very nice indeed.

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: kumale on January 11, 2010, 05:47:28 AMGood song, i love acoustic guitars!
Which guitar are you using?

Yamaha FGX720SCA -- Fairly inexpensive acoustic/electric. In this case it's directly into the BR without using another mic.

Thanks to everyone for the wonderful replies and encouragement. It really helps get me focused.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

scottieD

Well, who isn't a sucker for songs about rain?  Great tune, love the chord progression in the verse, and super tasty acoustic licks.  Very nice!  Well done!

recorder
Boss BR-800
   Okay to cover...not sure why you'd want to though...

Covermark

It's just a lovely song. pure in it's simplicity. Well played and well sung !!!

dwardzala

That's a great song.  The guitar playing was sublime and backing vocals (I'm a sucker for backing vocals) really filled out the song.

Great job.
Dave

BR-600

Tony W

Fantastic song Piggy. Back to back songs that I like. Its going to be a fun journey to watch.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

This is just really good songwriting and thats what it,s all about, enjoyed this so much.
recorder
Boss BR-80