Can i buy a mic seperatly????

Started by Strider44, July 11, 2008, 11:56:57 AM

Strider44

the in-built mic on the BR isnt too great, can i buy a proper mic and plug it into the BR?

Oldrottenhead

i have lots of expensive mics lying about the house but since i got the micro br i havent used anything but the inbuilt mic , i think its great, i did buy a sony stereo mic on ebay for about 5quid but i have only used that to record my friend gigging.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

robsmith

Hello,

I too bought one of the little Sony external mics.  The built-in mic works surprisingly well however, have you tried any of the built-in effects?  The fardistance effect really pulls in the sound, can hear the birds chirping when I play back stuff that was recorded outside.

The external mic works very well too, just have to remember to turn on the external power!

Bob

guitarron

I have used a condenser mic through a mic pre and a mixer instead of a mic pre with success(using line input)-works quite well actually.

It's easy to discount the possibilities the built in mic gives because of the nature of the little bugger- but is quite good-
There are many examples of this mic in use on this site

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SteveG

I got that little Sony mike too, built in mike is better, better than a medium level dynamic I borrowed to try out as well. Play with the settings some before you give up on it.

I bought a Shure mike at GC and did this.  I plugged it into my clean channel on my Fender amp and then used a 3/4 to 1/8 in cable to go from the amp's output jack into the MBR.  This worked like a charm and I added the reverb from my amp's built in effects and my vocal tracs sounded great.

Greeny

I think the in-built microphone on the BR is great. It's been the biggest surprise for me, as it's totally replaced the separate mic I was using with my old Tascam. No need for anything else now but the BR and some headphones!

My only (slight) gripe is that you get that first button click recorded at the start of the vocal. I just record over that on the 'GTR' input to cancel out the unwanted noise.

Indiana

Quote from: LesPaulGoldTop on September 01, 2008, 02:53:10 AMMy only (slight) gripe is that you get that first button click recorded at the start of the vocal.

Use A/B Auto punch-in. :)
<><

Greeny