Parade (blast from the past)

Started by Ferryman, January 05, 2010, 03:23:30 AM

Hi Nigel, great track. I'm just loving this retro stuff and this is a prime example of the era. Like you I used a Marshall for a time before moving to Fender and there's nothing that purrs like a Marshall stack. Purfect...........Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Tony W

Sometimes I'm floored with the stuff I missed. I was ridiculously active last January, though not so much lately.

This is so very 80's, and everything that was great about them.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

I missed this one too. Definitely a period piece!

I'll have to upload on of my older pieces, also recorded in a "real" studio.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

hardlock

Nice work!  Really speaks for the era!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

fenderbender

bringin on back the good times  8) 8) 8)
great recording from the glorious past --
very very pro sounding
ahhh if only ---
but your a happier man now Im sure
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600

Gu Djin

Musically I sort of missed the eighties, you know work, traveling and more work etc..  (I missed a lot of the nineties as well)  So basically they're a new experience for me when I hear them. 

Can't say it's the most melodic thing I've heard from you, but it has a tight sound and is more than just listenable, in fact quite enjoyable.

Leigh
Guild Starfire 5, Fender Telecaster, Fender Stratocaster, K Yairi and Walden and a 12 Stagg string acoustic guitar and other music making boxes - including mandolin, bouzouki and 5 string banjo, uke and acoustic bass - a few M-Audio keyboards and a flute - all played and treated with equal love and attention - zoom ut 2 pedal and Logic Pro X

Kenneth

This is huge , right in there with what they used to play on the radio. My wife is going to love this, she loves this 80's sound. I appreciate it more now than I used to, but still listen in short spells.

In the 80's I stayed away from this sound and went on to the Rush, Bon Jovi, AC DC, Coney Hatch, Kick Axe, you know,...hard rock / metal type bands. Looking back, I have to shake my head... I mean what kind of song is " Heavy Metal Shuffle" anyways! lol  ;D

Your guitar work reminds me of some of the stuff Edge was doing back then too.

As time moves on, I really appreciate some of the 80's music more than I did, it's a sort of time machine.
This really captures the time period, you guys were good! Well done, thanks for the listen.
Leigh, I recommend you try to catch up on what you missed out on, there's some amazing stuff back there!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

tom r

The guitar and the vocals on the chorus is very Killing Joke (were they and influence?) Acvtually the bass is also KJ Great

t
Tom Reeves
Lobelia Sound

Ferryman

Thanks guys, and Tom you guessed it, KJ were a huge influence, as were Bauhaus and early Simple Minds. Ken, you also got the Edge influence - Boy is my favourite U2 album of all time and Edge's sound and playing on that album were a huge influence. I used to use the Memory Man for my echo effect (just like the edge).

And if you want an amusing story about me and U2, check this thread:

https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=9901.0

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR