You Know Who You Are by ORH and henwrench (re-mix)

Started by henwrench, January 03, 2010, 02:05:05 PM

Oldrottenhead

i like a nice malt but i got a bottle of remy martin for my 50th so it was a no brainer as to what i brought in the new year with.

ma heid hurts.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Wow this is a trippy song - cool vocal fx!!! I think your right, it needs a few listens so that it can grow on you! - very unique! and I would luv to see the lyrics posted to better follow along..........thanks!

At first I thought Henwrench was going to play "so happy together", but, oh no....this tune gets under your skin..........you know who your are!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

henwrench

Quote from: Satchwood on January 03, 2010, 02:47:58 PMAt first I thought Henwrench was going to play "so happy together", but, oh no....this tune gets under your skin..........you know who your are!

64 picked up on that too, Satch. Although I obviously know the tune, it wasn't the inspiration behind the riff.... believe it or not, I was thinking more Muddy Waters with bottle tops in my boots when this riff visited me...

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Wow - no doubt this song is growing on me guys !!!  Very cool guitar & vox !!!

Very flippin trippy - but I really dig it - very cool break in there and the ending lyrics puts a positive twist to the whole thing.  The lyrics got that whole fighting the pressures and many negative voices of life sort of thing - great stuff!!!  Gotta play this tune while looking at myself in the mirror...........

The bass line is very cool too - listening with headphones...didn't notice it with the pc speakers as much.

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

henwrench

Quote from: Satchwood on January 03, 2010, 03:21:55 PMVery cool guitar

no chance.... yourself, BB and Covermark are guitarists, I just hit the thing and hope for the best. But I do find it helps me more than hitting pillows with baseball bats, at least that what my therapist tells me  ;)

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Satchwood

Quote from: henwrench on January 03, 2010, 03:28:20 PMI just hit the thing and hope for the best. But I do find it helps me more than hitting pillows with baseball bats, at least that what my therapist tells me  ;)

LMAO!!!  I agree, playing the guitar is great therapy!!!  I think this song can be good therapy as well!!!

Tangled Wires

I agree that you need to listen to this track a few times, as it is a "grower", but once you have you realise that it is a top song. Glad you brought up the vocal Henwrench, sounds perfect to me!

recorder
Boss Micro BR

henwrench

In honour of oldrottenhead, I be bumpin' this one.

henwrench

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

I'm Sure I commented on this......... ???

Anyway....

FUCKING AWESOME!

Jim!

I've never heard you sing Like this Before....  I really Like the "Talking Heads" Vibe!

And Henny..... 

That is Some Amazing Guitar Bro!

They are so Clear as well! Like a Studio Recording!

Blown Away again!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Quote from: henwrench on January 17, 2010, 03:18:37 PMIn honour of oldrottenhead, I be bumpin' this one.

henwrench

Has Something Happened to Jim? ???
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy