MIB song &The Hooper Bounce Technique

Started by galestermusic, July 09, 2008, 01:17:17 AM

galestermusic

MellowInsomniacBounce
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all!

Well here is what happens when you are in a mellow/down mood and can't sleep. I revisited your instructions hooper and vaolla! :)

What I did was record the backing guitars on 1 & 2, bass on 3, and some more guitar on for. I bounced them using hooper's thechnique and it worked pefectly! (except, I forgot to do the mixes and on playback the meter was pegged>)

So with submix I already on board I used 3 for the clean guitar, and then used 4 for the heavy guitar. I know I didn't have to but I bounced them as well just to creat the submix (II).

On the master I mixed it down, I think it's ok. I'm not real happy with my playing but I wanted to just get this bounce technique down.

Thus the MellInsomniacBounce -MIB
final mix
[soundclick]6710016[/soundclick]

hooper

Alright, Greg!
I knew you could do it. So, now you've got lots more tracks to play with.  Can you feel the power?   ;D 

The composition could be a sneak preview of the Pink Floyd 50th Anniversary Reunion concert?   :)

Hope you can sleep now.

recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Oldrottenhead

cool stuff lest, like hoop sez, can you feel the power, im putting this on the mbr to see if a vox comes, lots of room for one, wont be going for any records today tho, taking the wife and kids on a drive to the bonnie banks of loch lomond, might get some inspiration for lyrics if the sun stays out.
so maybe this evening i'll get a chance.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

A1NTEZEE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
well the fresh air must have cleared the cobwebs , this came quite quickly is dark but with a positive ending. not posting the lyrics yet will let people interpret meaning etc for themselves.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

PhilFromIT

Great job Greg! Seems like a great time to write music when everyone's asleep and there are none of the normal distractions.

Love the Vox too OHR! Your voice seems to fit well in many different styles of music. Congrats on another sucessful collaboration guys!

-Phil

galestermusic

OHR! Man I love that! Thanks hoop, to be even be thought of as a "floydish sound" is one of the greatest compliments I think I could have. Gilmore was always one of my heros! Thanks Phil, I live with my parents and they kept hearing my silent twang...LMAO

OHR, anyway you can "boost" the vocals, I thought the words went great with it wold love to hear it remixed with the vocals dominant.

Oh question...what is VOX? I see it here all the time. Forgive the ignorance, but questions is how I gain knowledge.

Greg

hooper

Pretty cool. I like it! 
Rather than just bringing up the level of the vocal... would be nice if it could be remixed so that the lead guitar and lead vocal are not sounding off at the same time. Nice job of matching the mood of the music, Mr Higgins.

'Vox' is the Latin word for 'voice'.

Hooper
'Repitito perfecto facet'

PS- Question for someone who has gotten the hang of the BR phrase trainer: Is it possible to take a mix like this and speed it up without changing the pitch?
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Pedro

Very cool stuff!

PS: In portuguese voice is "voz".

galestermusic

I may revisit this in a few days, I love the lyrics and VOX (thank you!) where I can give OHR some room and perhaps concentrate on the mix better. If Mr. higgins is up for it though, I would love to here it remixed with his VOX doiminant.

And yes I FEEL THE POWER!!!!

If you had the notion, you could concievably do 64 tracks! WOuld be an hellaciously amount of work.

GReg

Oldrottenhead

hi guys this was taken of me about 1 hour before recording the vox, like i say the fresh air is inspiring.

oldrottenhead looking for the muse on conich hill balmaha loch lomond.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann