Wounded (Original)

Started by Vanncad, January 01, 2010, 12:28:37 PM

Vanncad

Thanks a lot everyone. I really appreciate the all of your comments and suggestions.

Facemask - I used a lot of tracks. I actually recorded the "scratch" vocal and guitar at the same time on tracks 1 & 2. I then recorded a rhythm on track 3, then a lead on track 4. I added another rhythm on track 5/6 and then put the vocal on 7/8.
When I bounced it down to one track, I kept the "scratch" tracks in and just kept them very low in the mix. It gives the vocal a little bit of a "doubling" effect. This is the first time I tried this, sounds like it might be a good technique.

P.S. - You have a good ear too! Those are medium gauge strings. I don't particulary like the sound of my guitar compared to many of the recordings I have heard from others on this site. It is a pretty cheap guitar and literally has crazy glue holding the nut together, and the shell on the back.

Flash - Thanks for comments and the suggestion. It is very hard going from what sounds good in the headphones to what sounds good on the computer speakers. I always struggle with getting the vocals right.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Satchwood

This is terrific Vann - great singing, lyrics, emotion, unplugged guitar feel !!!  Enjoyed listening!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

T.C. Elliott

You sound like a smoother Otis Gibbs. Good song. Good playing. Good singing. Hard to beat that.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

OsCKilO

I Think you are one of the most outstanding artists I have ever heard.....

Awesome!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

SE

Just love the vox on this it,s just teriffic the guitar just makes it even better love it to the max love to hear more!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

launched

Jeez Vann, I'm lovin' this one. I get that fantastic CSN/NY vibe, but with your original stamp all over it. Excellent songwriting all around.

Did you use the internal mics for the Applause, or it's built in wheeezo? I like how it sounds.

Peace,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Groundy

Van, this is something else, just brilliant, guitar and vox, well done......Alex :D :D :D :D

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Vanncad

Wow T - that's a pretty big compliment. Thank you very much.

QuoteDid you use the internal mics for the Applause, or it's built in wheeezo? I like how it sounds.
Hey Launched - Yes, I used the internal mics, but WTF is a "wheeezo"?  :D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

cuthbert

Nice one, VC - I too am digging the CSN&Y vibe here (with a touch of acoustic Zeppelin, to my ears), and yet it is unmistakably your own. Your mix sounds great on my MacBook Pro speakers.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ferryman_1957

This is great stuff and a great first for 2010. I like the way you've mixed and mastered this - there's some nice compression going on here so that the vox stay nice and clear and all the guitar parts don't conflict. Don't know if it was intentional but it sounds good on my gear. Very powerful songwriting here and excellent vox in particular. Loved it!

Cheers,

Nigel