Seabird---Facemask93--Ak

Started by Facemask93, December 29, 2009, 06:08:37 AM

T.C. Elliott

Those strings a little after 1:00 is a VERY nice touch. The sound of this demo is very good, the vocal performance is very good and the song is very well written. Every once in a while I hear a touch of peak on the vox I think. But I'm not listening on headphones so I can't be sure. Doesn't matter, though. It's damn fine either way.

On second listen there's just a touch like at 1:40, but it might be more effect than actual peak. But like I said it's not detracting at all. And if I haven't been spending a ton of time trying to mix my own work I would never have heard it or even brought it up. So forget I said anything. Good song.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Hook

Grateful for the bump as this is new to me and continues my morning of wonderful music.  Love it gentleman!
Fly On!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Vaisvil

Beautiful! Such a lovely attention to the melodic side of this.

Nelson

A real stunner Rob.
The lyrics are beautiful and the string really add a wonderful feel.

I agree with Tharek, this is a grand example of how it should be done.

Congrats to you both... crafty collab
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

dragonshade

First listen to this Facemask, then a second, then a third. A stunning piece. Great song, great melody, love the strings, well put together. However it is richer than that. Sometimes a song can move you, make you empathetic (ie... put you there), this is such a song. The emotion, the feeling your friend had upon writing this is there, raw.. opened up fully.. inviting/pulling the listener into feeling those exact emotions, and then takes it further and actually puts the listener there, as the animal takes it dying breaths. This is an exceptionally powerful piece, one that released to the world would create a lot of emotion, and with many... tears. Stunning, moving work.

Groundy

OTD...Pure Class, Hope you are doing OK Rob......All the best,,,,,Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Excellent!! Just a great tune and perfromance! Very melanchol and catchy!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

maxit

hey I love it! it has a strong rock chord progression, and somewhat naive that makes it even more rock-y. and I love to hear you are back facemask LOL.
recorder
Audacity

Geir

Still loving this

Still missing you Rob and hoping you're getting better
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

alfstone

A great song, really.

Rob, all the best to you for the new year!

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra