Cherry Wine by henwrench

Started by henwrench, December 21, 2009, 05:04:54 AM

OsCKilO

this is like the awesome lush meal and booze you had the you had the night before the minute song . .. . The mintue song is like the hang over after. . .
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

Sorry.....

Was Posting From my phone whilst out.......

What I mean is.......

This song is like a good Night out.....

Everything in the mix.....

And it all Feels right at the time.... No Matter how Strange.....

The Minute song........

It is the Beer Shit, in The Morning.....

All of the right Componants are there........

It Just comes out all at once!!!!!!

I do Enjoy the Henwrench Sound......

It Makes you Think!!!!!!

A Plus in my book!!!

And he makes awesome Music!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Geir

Everything all right !!!

This is GREAT !!! Love every bit of it !! Don't even know where to start. I guess some of the bits are fairly simple, some loops some "easy" drums, but the whole picture sounds wonderfully complex and PRO
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

I love this.

Don't think I've heard any of yours before (have to check them out) and I'm picking songs to listen to this afternoon by their titles. "Cherry Wine" grabbed me for some reason, and I'm so glad it did...

Like Geir, I don't know where to start, so I'm not even gonna try - it just works for me :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Gnasty

Everything alright? No everything all wrong! lol

I had to bump this cuz I think it`s the oddest, obtuse, funniest, weird song i`ve heard.

Your productions are amazing dude!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Audacity

Saijinn Maas

Great bump! I heard this before on Henny's soundclick site, but never got around to finding the thread to post.

Love this song! Ultra cool progression and choice of chords. Great sound and production. One of my favorite Henwench compositions!

Greeny

I don't know why you're unsure about this one. It may be an acquired taste for some, but I absolutely loved it. Right from the start of that great sampled loop (where's that from, by the way?). Your vocals are immense on this... kind of depraved but totally fitting the song. The whacked-out synth parts are just brilliant. I'm telling you man, this song is the mutts nuts! FANTASTIC!

Greeny

I drink cherry wine sometimes. It's a very cheap drink here in the UK and comes in tiny bottles. I think it's for demented pensioners. It really is foul and depraved stuff. Like over-sugared medicine. But sometimes... just sometimes... I like to descend into the nasty, self-loathing experience of drinking the wonderful Cherry B....  :D

henwrench

Quote from: Greeny on May 05, 2010, 02:00:09 AMRight from the start of that great sampled loop (where's that from, by the way?).

I think I got that from a Funky Porcini track. Where it came from originally is anybodies guess. The crudest form of looping, just hitting the old A-B repeat on my CD player.
  I really do appreciate the comments that everyone posts, it does keep me going on with what I get up to in henwrench Towers. Not many people in 'real' life know about this stuff.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: henwrench on May 05, 2010, 03:04:43 AM
Quote from: Greeny on May 05, 2010, 02:00:09 AMRight from the start of that great sampled loop (where's that from, by the way?).
Not many people in 'real' life know about this stuff.

That's probably the case for most of us on here. Which is why this site is so important for our sanity, self esteem and whole musical well-being. For 20 years, nobody heard my songs - ever (discounting immediate family, and even they weren't interested). So this is all of our times to shine, finally.

Songs like this one here are very inspirational. They piss all over the turgid commercial crap we hear blasting from our radios. The masses wouldn't get it, but would you want them to? This is for people who understand music and the skill and imagination it takes to come up with something like this. That's why you'll always have genuinely interested people on here. You rip the rule book up and throw it away. It makes me want to follow suit. It's a good thing to spark other people's imaginations, and Henwrench Towers is where there's enough sparks to start an inferno!!!!

Just needed to remind you of that!