In to Win - new original

Started by Rickocaster, December 19, 2009, 12:20:43 AM

Tangled Wires

Wow...wonderful song and great production, everything is mixed perfectly.

A real "Southern Rock" feel to this, and am also hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd is this.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Dmann

Man this is awesome, it's like that movie your watching when they have a bar scene and the band on stage is just rocking the place..... this is the song thats playing... love it!

Rickocaster

Hey thanks, everyone!  I'm honored with the Skynyrd references. I'm a die-hard fan. 

I forgot to tell Justin_Case that I added a cowbell part to the instrumental section. Great suggestion!

QuoteMan this is awesome, it's like that movie your watching when they have a bar scene and the band on stage is just rocking the place..... this is the song thats playing.
You made my day, man!  My goal on this song was to make it fun and uplifting. You know, the kind of song you would listen to when you need a boost.  Glad you liked it!
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Facemask93

BUMP 

Hi Rick , just given both versions a listen , and the utube version absolute rocks , definately like the harp on this version , it's a blindin song mate 10/10

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Rickocaster

Thanks Rob. This was an experiment on how to optimize a mix for real-world listeners - people who listen through computer speakers and the like. I think my conclusion is that while it's cool to pan wide for sophisticated ears (SongCrafters members), for the masses it's better to stay closer to center. For the mp3 recording at the beginning of this thread, the guitars were panned at 20, but for the YouTube recording posted later in the thread, they are at 12. Maybe I'm selling out to the Man, but I think this may be more practical. I'm open to debate, though. I'm still a recording newbie.

Ferryman

Missed this when you first posted this, I think it sounds great. I like what you've done with the production, the guitars sound great, very punchy. Vox are great, some nice doubling up in there on the choruses. The drums sound pretty good to me, they fit well. Nice bass sound there as well.

Great stuff, very effective bluesy-rock and love the grungey harp.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Bump!

Great production!

As many of my esteemed colleagues have rightfully noted: This song rocks!

Any chance you could make the YouTube mix available as an MP3 download?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Oldrottenhead

how did i miss this great bump ted, where would we be without bumps.

magic driving rhythm to this song. great
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

rvincent55

This is an awesome track, and the Skynyrd references are spot on! I like the panning just as it sits - the guitars are far enough apart in the stereo field to each have their own "space", and the way they compliment each other is simply perfect.

Great vocal and harp work - this tune's golden!
The future isn't what it used to be...

Rickocaster

Thanks for the bump Ted! And thanks to Nigel, ORH, rvincent55 for the comments. I feel like a dope, but I can't find the file I used for the YouTube version. If I can locate it I'll post it as an mp3.