cornfields by stix diamond and orh a collaboration that spanned twenty years

Started by Oldrottenhead, December 11, 2009, 06:40:27 PM

Oldrottenhead

stix my good buddy recorded the music 20 odd years ago i added a vox lyric last year deffo last one from the archive tonight.

[soundclick]6245671[/soundclick]
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Wiley

Gritter

I think I've heard these fine lyrics on a completely different song post (a Tom Waits impression if I'm not mistaken). They work well for both songs.

SE

Big nod to Peter Gabriel on this one, one of my fav artists, excellent song.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Wow - this is heavy heavy - deep - thick - pro - erie - haunting - blew my freaking socks off James !!!  I dig the application of your pro-singing/lyrics on this one!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI think I've heard these fine lyrics on a completely different song post (a Tom Waits impression if I'm not mistaken). They work well for both songs.
yeah at the same time as i did the tom waits one, i was converting stix's old audio recording to digital format for him, and i wanted to do something with the tune, the words with a few tweaks fitted nicely, and stix is a bit of a dipsomaniac so it suited even more. the tom waitsish version was more throwaway and a bit of fun and i was pleased that they slotted into this one.
 a few songs ive done here have used lyrics from other songs, the jemimas kite song sea of tranquility used an old bunkbeds lyric, but it is very rare that happens usually only whenim stuck trying to come up with something new.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Back for another listen - def downloading this masterpiece !!! 

The music and lyrics in particular are so dark and lovely at the same time - and what a wicked chord progression!!!

Tommy..
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

fenderbender

wow Nice one orh -
talkin about yrr past coming back to haunt you
in this case its in reverse --
very haunting and great voice as usual -
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-600