Pyrates'

Started by Mach, December 06, 2009, 04:03:23 PM

Mach

PirateFest (banner image missing)

Ahoy Mateys', Grab Ye a pint-o-grog and stow yer guns! 'Ere's me Pyrate song. Hope Ye enjoy!

Ok I did this 4shared thing hope it works.

http://www.4shared.com/file/166885397/c03c21c3/Pirates_final3.html

Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

jaarghzzy love it, reminds me of zappa at times magic
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

henwrench

oh man this is wicked, to be sure. yea, zappa woulda been proud of this one! I'm beginning to lose track of all these fantastic pirate tunes. How about it, 64? Do you wanna compile our own Rouges Gallery somewhere, put 'em all in one place/one player? Or do you wanna wait 'til we've got a few more?
                                      henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

Holy Crap!!  Now this one was just way to awesome!!!  Love all the talking inserts!.. The beat is just to cool!! As well as the playing.  I'm glad it was't night I might have been afraid!!!

64Guitars

Quote from: henwrench on December 07, 2009, 03:05:06 AMI'm beginning to lose track of all these fantastic pirate tunes. How about it, 64? Do you wanna compile our own Rouges Gallery somewhere, put 'em all in one place/one player? Or do you wanna wait 'til we've got a few more?

Let's have a PirateFest in January. We're in the middle of YuleFest now and I don't want to take the focus away from that. When Christmas and New Years are behind us we can focus on PirateFest and I'll make a web page for it.

In the meantime, you can find the pirate posts with this search.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

henwrench

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 07, 2009, 09:51:46 AMLet's have a PirateFest in January. We're in the middle of YuleFest now and I don't want to take the focus away from that. When Christmas and New Years are behind us we can focus on PirateFest and I'll make a web page for it.

Cool idea and many thanks for the link in the meantime

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mach

Hey thanks guys. This was a fun project to work on. I never really thought of it being Zappa-ish, but he was definitely one of my many influences over time.

Ahh Pirate Fest ehhh! Sounds like a keen idea me Heartys'...I guess I'll start on a-nuter Pirate adventure.

recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Geir

WOW This is really great !!!

Yeah, some Zappa-influence can be heard, not a bad thing in my book! But truly unique and brilliant!!!

what recorder did you use? so much going on here!! Love those drums/percussions .....

great work
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

I dig this Big style!!!

Jazzy Pirate blues!!!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Mach

Quote from: Geir on December 08, 2009, 07:18:29 AMWOW This is really great !!!

Yeah, some Zappa-influence can be heard, not a bad thing in my book! But truly unique and brilliant!!!

what recorder did you use? so much going on here!! Love those drums/percussions .....
great work

Thanks Geir. I recorded this a few years back actually. I used PC software and have used so many different programs it's tough to remember, but I think it was Cool Edit Pro and Sonar. I know I programmed the drums in Sonar and used various fonts but real cymbal samples if I recall correctly. I've had too many Rums since then  :P
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR