Colorado Cowboy

Started by Pine, November 29, 2009, 06:26:35 AM

Pine

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wrote this song after trying to imagine what it would have been like to be a cowboy way out west before there were any cities, roads or fences anywhere. Cattle drives would go hundreds of miles across wide open spaces. It was a wild and dangerous lifestyle. ...glamorized in films to be sure but a space in time none-the-less.

Colorado Cowboy

[soundclick]3491402[/soundclick]
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Top-notch.  The harmonica is just perfect...and and line that included refried beans is all right in my book.

The bass seems a little buried (but I admit to listening on not-so-great speakers).

Nice.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Oh man this is good stuff P-dog.  Great songwriting here, really well done on the recording, sounds great.  Its a beauty.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Diego Ayala

Excellent song and instrumentation!!!  Your vocals fit right in there, and heck re-fried beans and tequila and guitar on hand on the trail would make the evenings quite interesting.  Cool posting!!!

Wiley

Hey PD  This was super!!.  Hear lots of cowboy songs but this is great!!. I love  the harmonica.  I can relate to this.  As when I lived in NE. often went riding for hours  across the sandhills Wide open and free!! :)  forget the beans though :)
Made me homesick for Ne. and horses!  Again super!!!

The Reverend 48

I loved this Pinedog
Great vox over
Great country backing
and excellent harp!

Pine

Thanks for the postitive feedback folks...i was hesitant to post anything in this genre because...well...this is a pretty rockin' crowd! I'm personally disgusted with today's "country" music and like the old stuff...like Hank Williams Sr. Simple, clean, honest music and not some pseudo rock with a 12 piece band.

It's a long way from your cool blues 48 and i appreciate the open mind.

I thought you might like this Wiley...bein's that you are from the heartland and ride horses and tractors and all. Thank you for your enthusiasm!

Thanks Diego. Tequila can definitely make for an "interesting" evening!

hey BB...thanks for the listen and comments. I'm my worst critic but i liked these lyrics alot too...maybe because they came fairly easily and painted the picture i had in my head. I love when that happens...

Good ear Blooby...i think i agree. I usually mix with phones and over bass...this was with monitors and i went the other way i guess. maybe i'll tweak that. As for the harp...well...i'm just learning and couldn't play the melody like i wanted to...so i asked my friend Jimmy to stop over. I thought he nailed it. You can almost smell the campfire (and hopefully not the post-refried bean eruptions) He's an old bandmate and has been at it a long time. I wanna play like he does! Thanks for the comments my friend..
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Geir

I really enjoyed this one Pinedog! Your voice is perfect for the song, and it's so well performed without loosing that raw outdoor smell of pine :)

Is that a real banjo you've buried deep down in the mix? I would love to hear more of that !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pine

Geir, you are scaring me. That WAS a banjo but i thought i buried it WAY deep....deep enough to be almost subliminal..lol. man i wish i could hear like i used to...

Just learning the banjo and hope to use it alot more this Winter on the new album. Left hand isn't too bad but the right is a learning curve. Rolls aren't just "rolls"..they are 1-2-3-1-2-3-2-3..1-2-3-1-2-3-2-3...

As for my voice, yeah, i'm no rock singer..the louder i sing and the harder i push it, the more tone and pitch control i lose.

My harp player Jimmy did one other song at this same recording session. He cross harps well on blues (like he did on "Stray") but can also play "straight harp" too. I'll post it tonight. Thanks for listening and commenting Geir.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

StevieM

Gotta say PD, C&W's not generally one of my favourites, but this seems more just Country---I really like it!! Well played and sung too, think you've got a great voice. Download for sure.
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!