The Consequence of Trying

Started by indierik, June 22, 2008, 09:35:18 PM

indierik

Quote from: mduckworth73 on July 12, 2008, 08:08:02 PMI don't know why it's doing this. I had the drum mac. on and I made sure to record the bass line only once through without making a mistake. I had only 3 tracks (including the drum mach.) and it still went out on me.
  I am resorting to recording what I already have recorded on the br onto a fostex vf80.
  Here is the upload of the out of sync.... I don't think it's the drum machine knocking it out. But, I've been wrong before.
Thanks
Duck

If you're interested I need a bass track for this piece. It's different and if it doesn't inspire you don't sweat it. It's just a chord progression i was f***ing around with.

I thinking I'm going to change the drum track, it's a bit too hip hop, I like it at first, but the more I listen to it, it really doesn't work that well. 

http://microrecorders.org/community/collaborations/i-need-a-bass-line-for-this/0/
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

SteveG

Nice colab guys, I am tempted to go grab my bass now ...

indierik

Quote from: SteveG on July 16, 2008, 05:28:21 PMNice colab guys, I am tempted to go grab my bass now ...

Give it a shot. Mduckworth gave it a shot but his Br is acting up. I'd love to hear some bass on this piece.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

SteveG

Consequence bass
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here ya go. I am no great shakes as a bassist but I did my best  ;D

Hmmm ... bass was not so loud on the MBR ... can remix if needed?

indierik

Quote from: SteveG on July 19, 2008, 09:45:27 AMHere ya go. I am no great shakes as a bassist but I did my best  ;D

Hmmm ... bass was not so loud on the MBR ... can remix if needed?

Nice! I like it. I think the vox needs some improvement. I like most of the lyrics, but I'm not entirely thrilled with the reverb, it sounds a bit like two vocal tracks at the same time, slightly out of sync. I also am not crazy about how he carries those last notes, for example; when he sings "the consequence of Tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying". Not crazy about it.

I think this song really has a lot of potential. I think with some minor adjustments, on all parts, me as well, we might just have a winner.

I don't like to criticize, especially people I don't know that well, but I think it's a necessary tool when trying to collaborate musically. This art form demands it. Of course we are all just fucking around, but if we have the time we should try to do the best we can. Me too. I can't think of a couple of spots I need to clean up.

Anyways, I'm just rambling.

thoughts? 
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

Quotethe consequence of Tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying"
agree im a mile out there, but it was ruff sketch and done pretty quickly thats the fun part of it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

Vox sounded fine to me Jim. I still have the bass on the MBR, can post it for you to redo the guitar, then ORH can redo the vox too. Tomorrow tho ... bedtime loometh :(

indierik

Quote from: oldrottenhead on July 19, 2008, 04:00:43 PM
Quotethe consequence of Tryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying"
agree im a mile out there, but it was ruff sketch and done pretty quickly thats the fun part of it.
BTW, I meant I CAN think of a couple of spots I need to clean up.

Anyways, I know it was just a quick rough sketch, thats whats so impressive about it. If I didn't like it, or think it had potential, I would have gave one-word responses, or simply ignored the effort. But I really like the direction of this piece. One thing I have the ability to do is see the potential in music. This one has it.

Anyways, if you guys are serious about working on a it a bit more, I certainly would be as well. However, I have a big exam coming up (Sommelier certification) on the 29th of this month and have spent all of my time studying. I wont be able to work on it until it's over unfortunately.

I'll let you know.

thanks again.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

SteveG

When your ready mate. And I agree about the criticism thing. We can all go "Wow man, that was amazing dude!!!!!!!!" to everything, but then nobody is learning! There is always room for improvement, especially in my playing  ;D and I for one am always open to constructive criticism.

indierik

Thats exactly what I mean. We are so quick to pay compliments, which is great, trust me, I love them! But too afraid to give constructively criticize. This is how we learn and improve as musicians, as artists, as people.

I'm glad you agree.
-Friedrich Nietzsche