The Consequence of Trying

Started by indierik, June 22, 2008, 09:35:18 PM

gritaro

Impressive collaboration! Nice tune!
Ibanez RG370DX, Jackson Hand-Made, Yamaha EG112, BOSS GT-8, BOSS MicroBR

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI think this is a great song. I like it. Definitely a feel good tune!
I have a bass, I could throw it on there if you want.
Later...
Duck
go for it mduckworth
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

indierik

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 30, 2008, 03:47:45 AMsong is at no5 in the soundclick post punk chart watch its progress here.
 http://www.soundclick.com/genres/charts.cfm?genre=Alternative&subgenreID=223&currentpage=1

That's very cool. I never knew such a site existed. I think I'll do some more writing today.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

you can email this link to friends http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6668362 and it will take them directly to the song the more plays the better its chances.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

indierik

Quote from: mduckworth73 on June 28, 2008, 10:42:28 AMI think this is a great song. I like it. Definitely a feel good tune!
I have a bass, I could throw it on there if you want.
Later...
Duck

It really could use a bass line, I think you should give it a shot.

erik
-Friedrich Nietzsche

mduckworth73

I laid down a bass track on this song, but, my br still leaves the tracks out of sync. I don't know if it's me doing something wrong or the br glitching up.
Sorry,
Thanks for the shot at it.
Duck

indierik

Quote from: mduckworth73 on July 06, 2008, 07:35:55 PMI laid down a bass track on this song, but, my br still leaves the tracks out of sync. I don't know if it's me doing something wrong or the br glitching up.
Sorry,
Thanks for the shot at it.
Duck

Is it just the drums that are out of sync? Sometimes you have to make sure the drum track is ON when you go to record a song or export it into mp3 format, this way the tempo and drum kit are recorded as they are supposed to be. You might just have to reset the tempo. It happened to me a couple of times until i figured it out. Perhaps???
-Friedrich Nietzsche

mduckworth73

CONSEQUE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
 I don't know why it's doing this. I had the drum mac. on and I made sure to record the bass line only once through without making a mistake. I had only 3 tracks (including the drum mach.) and it still went out on me.
  I am resorting to recording what I already have recorded on the br onto a fostex vf80.
  Here is the upload of the out of sync.... I don't think it's the drum machine knocking it out. But, I've been wrong before.
Thanks
Duck

indierik

Quote from: mduckworth73 on July 12, 2008, 08:08:02 PMI don't know why it's doing this. I had the drum mac. on and I made sure to record the bass line only once through without making a mistake. I had only 3 tracks (including the drum mach.) and it still went out on me.
  I am resorting to recording what I already have recorded on the br onto a fostex vf80.
  Here is the upload of the out of sync.... I don't think it's the drum machine knocking it out. But, I've been wrong before.
Thanks
Duck

You're right, that is strange. I think you might have a bunk unit. Is it still under warranty? I'd suggest sending it back to the company.

However, I really like the bass you added, especially that first change, before it goes out of sync! Perhaps we could collaborate on something else. I'll hit you up if I come up with something.

thanks again,

erik
-Friedrich Nietzsche