The Consequence of Trying

Started by indierik, June 22, 2008, 09:35:18 PM

indierik

T12V2_02
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I got this Micro BR as a Christmas gift and just learned some of the basics. In the process of learning how to use it I came up with this instrumental piece entitled The Consequence of Trying. I don't sing, I leave that to the people who can actually do it well without embarrassing themselves. The piece has some flaws and I would change a couple of things (i.e. the solo in the beginning, leave out one of the symbol crashes etc...) But I would like to know what others think of it, with an unbiased opinion. Keep in mind I'm a sensitive and humble artist so please don't tear me apart...   :'( Does the song demand lyrics? I think so. Does it need a bass line? definitely! Would I be interested in collaborating? Sure.

I've been playing guitar for years but have never been in a band. I would love to start one, but intimidation due to a lack for confidence and knowledge of music theory have held me back. And, finding the right people with the same vision and influences in music are hard to come by, especially when you live in jam band central Vail, Colorado. Some of my influences are; Guided by Voices, Yo La Tengo, Built To Spill, Death Cab for Cutie, Wolf Parade and The National.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

guitarron

i like it-the the guitar harmonies and arrangement work well

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

really like this, i might try o lyric and vox for this one.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

TRYING01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay i have had a first try at it. here are the lyrics as you can see ive kept songs original title.

you nearly got there
you where so close
just a hairs breadth
from almost

you where electric
you where on fire
you took it right down
to the wire

you aimed for heaven
reached for a star
you didn't make it
but look how far

how far you've come
from where you where
just look where you are standing now

how far you've come
from where you where

it's the consequence of trying
the consequence of trying

you'll do it next time
make or break
i know you've got
just what it takes

so aim for heaven
reach for a star
you might not make it
but you'll go far

how far you've come
from where you where

how far you've come
from where you where
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

galestermusic

OHR! Man you rock LOL! You just come up with lyrics like that. I know its done all the time by so many but it just amazes me!  :D

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOHR! Man you rock LOL! You just come up with lyrics like that. I know its done all the time by so many but it just amazes me!  Cheesy
just looking at the gap between posts under an hour from downloading to reposting with lyrics, wonder if thats a record lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

galestermusic

I don't know, if it's not a record it should be!

indierik

Thanks a lot guys! I'm glad you dug my instrumental piece. And i'm very impressed you could come up with something so quickly to add to it, it really adds a whole new dimension to the song. Technology truly amazes me these days; that you can write a song and collaborate with a complete stranger halfway around the world. It's baffling. The feed back has been great, what a great community to be apart of. I'm sure this wont be my last post. Keep up the good work.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

song is now at nevermet site get clicking and get it up the charts
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6668362
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

mduckworth73

I think this is a great song. I like it. Definitely a feel good tune!
I have a bass, I could throw it on there if you want.
Later...
Duck