HELP..can't Connect

Started by texaswillie, November 06, 2009, 10:56:20 AM

My old computer crashed and I got a new one with Windows Vista Premium installed.

The O/S is not recognizing the Boss BR600 when I try to export out to the computer...this just started happening a few minutes ago.   :o

Prior to that, I would get a pop up window, asking if I wanted to find a driver/ or connect anyway.....Now it is suddenly no go!

Anybody have a clue?!?  Is there a firmware upgrade for 64 bit O/S? ;D

TIA

Texas Willie

Well, I took the card out of the Boss and put it in the card slot on the computer and got the message I mentioned above.  That card is a 1 gig card I replaced the 128 meg card that came with unit.

So, I thought maybe it was the card....I tested the Boss card in the computer slot and it came up with the "usual" options.  I removed it from the computer, installed it back into the Boss, tried an export and had NO luck getting it to connect.

This is gonna be a real PIA if I can't connect through the USB cable!

SteveB

TWE - Soz, can't help you, but just here to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you 'coz I too got VERY stung with that load of junk that is Vista Home Premium 64 etc. Thankfully I kept my computer running XP and so do everything on that. Er, good luck.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

64Guitars

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

LMAO.....Thanks for the Vid....At least now I have some Hope for Change...

I wanted to let everyone know........I had the Boss BR600 plugged in to a multiple USB extension.

After reading through some of the posts (by following the link 64 Guitars posted).  I unplugged the USB and attached it to a USB port on the front of the computer.

Vista immediately installed and recognized it as a Boss BR600.  I did have to go to the pop up and click on "Continue without scanning", before the Roland folder came up.

THANK YOU 64!!!! ;D ;D ;D

PS: I let Vista Scan and Fix System files and now I can connect without any additional intervention....I am a VERY HAPPY CAMPER NOW! ;D