Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Sprocket

Quote from: wiley on October 29, 2009, 02:29:35 PMHey long time no see. This sounds great!!  A little jazzy.  Nice job!!

Thanks, I kinda wanted something to contribute(other than patches and guitar advices)...Ive just kinda gotten settled into my new place, and some new 12 bar blues books have inspired me to begin to put it all together and start my own song/recording.

Quote from: Gritter on October 29, 2009, 02:48:05 PMI like the feel of the guitar and bass...the drums don't seem right to me. IMO they need to swing a bit to keep the feel cohesive...half time possibly.

Thanks for your suggestion, I know nothing about drums...and Ive been trying to get a handle on the rhythm section of the BR.
But if were to do halftime with the preset blues4 @ 105bpm to 52.5bpm then my ques are gonna be off, right?

Quote from: 48 on October 30, 2009, 06:26:54 AMWell Done Neal 8)
Great Rhythm you got going
I think it would be better without the drums
The guitar parts can stand on their own ;)

Thanks Mike, now I need to apply what Ive learned from you to this quasi backer.
I actually kinda liked the way it sounded with the metronome, but that damn bell on the 1st beat drove me nuts...and Im trying to make this a learning process with the on board rhythms, but it gets a lil frustrating after awhile...I kinda stumbled to this point with the rhythm section, but I still need help.
I also liked it without the drums/rhythm but it felt like it was missing something then.

Quote from: Jim1970 on October 30, 2009, 08:23:35 AMGreat Guitar tones and cool tune, what effects are you using to get them Rich tones?

Ive built several patches and posted them in the effects section of this forum.
The bass track was done using this/Marshall
The bassy shuffle pattern and the sliding chords were done usingthis/Fendery
Theres another one in there that I havent posted yet, FenderTwin...maybe I'll post that one today.

Thanks everybody, any suggestions are appreciated...I need help!

Tony W

Sprocket, I commend the effort here. the bass and guitar are solid. Gritter and Mike are right about the drums. I can't offer any suggestions, you're farther down the road than I am.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Sprocket

Quote from: Tony W on October 30, 2009, 09:45:34 AMSprocket, I commend the effort here. the bass and guitar are solid. Gritter and Mike are right about the drums. I can't offer any suggestions, you're farther down the road than I am.

Thanks I appreciate the compliment, although I dont feel like Im very far "down the road".

Id like to do something with the drum track, but without suggestions(other than ditching them) I dunno what to do.
Id started with the steps, but Blues4 fit my 12 bars the best...and STD2 is my kit, Id considered the jazz kit, but it really wasnt much different.
Another thing Id considered was sampling the different kits in Blues4, using a different kit for each different 12 bar run, till it built up to the hardest kit...but maybe for another project, or if I were to scrap this effort and start over from scratch.
Anyways, all of the above seemed a bit much when all I really wanted to do was keep adding guitar tracks...maybe I can polish this later *shrug*

Gritter

Quote from: Sprocket on October 30, 2009, 10:41:22 AM
Quote from: Tony W on October 30, 2009, 09:45:34 AMSprocket, I commend the effort here. the bass and guitar are solid. Gritter and Mike are right about the drums. I can't offer any suggestions, you're farther down the road than I am.

Thanks I appreciate the compliment, although I dont feel like Im very far "down the road".

Id like to do something with the drum track, but without suggestions(other than ditching them) I dunno what to do.
Id started with the steps, but Blues4 fit my 12 bars the best...and STD2 is my kit, Id considered the jazz kit, but it really wasnt much different.
Another thing Id considered was sampling the different kits in Blues4, using a different kit for each different 12 bar run, till it built up to the hardest kit...but maybe for another project, or if I were to scrap this effort and start over from scratch.
Anyways, all of the above seemed a bit much when all I really wanted to do was keep adding guitar tracks...maybe I can polish this later *shrug*

If you email me or post the song without the drum track I will put some live drums (of some kind) on it for you this weekend.

Sandy.

Sprocket

Wow thanks, nice offer! ;)

Your generosity has me a lil off guard.
See, a big part of me wants to do this on my own, and learn/work through it.
Theres things in there that drive me nuts...and I wanted to scrap it the day before posting it. BUt if I obsess about the small things this early I'll never get anything done.

Then the other side of the coin is itd be kinda cool to hear it.
Itd take me a lil bit to remaster it without the drum track...is there anyway of sending a copy of the song files instead? Can I send you the .BRO?

Gritter

No problem, I totally understand you wanting to do things completely on your own.  :)

I don't know what a .BRO is. Would that be the seperate tracks?

Sprocket

Quote from: Gritter on October 30, 2009, 12:45:34 PMNo problem, I totally understand you wanting to do things completely on your own.  :)

Its not so much that, Im really just trying to learn something...and my rhythm is sloppy.

QuoteI don't know what a .BRO is. Would that be the seperate tracks?

YEah, thatd be all the tracks, but then again it might be difficult to send...Im such a  newb ::)
Lemme re-record it without the drum track and send it to you...probably will be on Monday though.

knniggits

Great first song, brilliant to jam too :)
He's not the messiah he's a very naughty boy!

OsCKilO

Love That Tone Bro!!!!

Did you record an Amp?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy