Full Circle

Started by indierik, October 26, 2009, 01:59:15 AM

indierik

FULLCIRC
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is a sleepy little late night number I've been messing around with over the last couple of days. It features the bass guitar as the song was conceived while playing bass. As a matter of fact the structure of the song was written on the bass. Other instruments used are: Guitar, e-bow, and wine glass. This is, again, a work in progress, but it's intended to be an instrumental piece. If it sounds a bit like Tortoise thats because they have always had a big influence over my song writing.

Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Justin_Case

Very nice and refreshingly different.  Quite interesting and great use of the E-Bow.

Tony W

beautiful Eric. Simply fantastic.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

indierik

John, Justin, thank you. Unintentionally I suppose, it's my little tribute to Tortoise. Of course I'd need a slew of talented musicians around me to even come close to the complexity they achieve in there music. Nevertheless they certainly influenced this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sps7YxLeYM
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Wiley

Reminds me of a sleepy late night.  This is very unique. Will be interesting to see what else you come up with.  Great!!

Satchwood

Ahhhh drifting off to dream-land..................

Very nice mellow piece here Erik - nice work !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

SE

Excellent atmospheric work.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Geir

This is just stunning !!! Soundtrack music in the best kinda way !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Vanncad

Nice, peaceful little tune here Eric.
I like the tone of the bass for this type of tune. Not quite familiar with an "Ebow". I think I saw one in an old gGuitar magazine once.

Sounds cool though.
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

indierik

Wiley, Tommy, Geir, Side effects (name?) thank you very much!!! It is a bit dreamy probably because I was up until 3am writing last night.

Geir, I love instrumental music, probably because I can't sing, I also consider myself to be a very visual person as well. That being said, I would love to take on the challenge of writing a score for a film someday. Question is how do you get discovered???

Vanncad, thank you. I like the tone of the bass as well, it's the "twangster" effect on the MBR. It's more designed for (six string) guitar but I found it to give the bass a nice rich tone. I'll be using it again thats for sure.

The e-bow is basically like a sustain pedal. I haven't messed with it too much, as a matter of fact this is the first time I've recorded with it. I need more practice.

thanks again everyone!!!
-Friedrich Nietzsche