Without a Fight (Original)

Started by Vanncad, October 25, 2009, 08:29:30 PM

Vanncad

Hey thanks Rick.

I use the Green Screamer much exclusively. I also own a DS-1 (not a bad pedal IMO), and a Super Feedbacker & Distortion (since the 80's).

I play clean, through a (late 68-69) Fender Bandmaster. The treble and bass on my amp are both set around 7. For this song, the Tone, Level and Gain knobs on the pedal were probably all set at 6.

I also used this pedal through a little solid state Crate at a jam last weekend, and it sounded great through that too.

I have never used a Tube Screamer, so I can't compare. I have read some reviews where people have said it is very similar though.

I was originally going to buy a Maxon OD9, or a Tubescreamer. The BBE Green Screamer came up on sale at GC for $30 (including a battery and an adapter) and I couldn't turn it down. I haven't regretted it. I probably saved $200 too!

You can check out a pedal shootout demo here: http://www.youtube.com/user/gearmanndude#p/search/5/V4uGZ3mxcDE

It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Bluesberry

What a scream this is.  Man you got a voice.  Great hard rocking blues rock.  This is very good.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Wow Great lyrics, guitar and sound Vann.......Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

OsCKilO

Holy F*ck!

Awesome Song!!!!!!!!

This is something Devine Bro!

The Wife Loves it!

So do I!!!

Peace

T(OSckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Great hard rocking song

BUMP

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Great bump - thanks, BB!

'Kick Ass' definitely comes to mind, Vanncad! Loved the wah guitar - reminds me a bit of Grand Funk Railroad or Brownsville Station. You have the chops!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Facemask93

So glad this was bumped , another completely amazing track from a musical genius , i love this so much Van , i am your numero uno fan in Blighty , believe me
Great voice
Great guitar
Great production
Great balls of fire , you rock Van

Rob

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Satchwood

Enjoyed listening again - I really dig that rock Nuge voice of yours Vann and that wah guitar!!  I also like the cool chord transitions you use through-out this rocker original!

So how did your original get put in the "covers" thread?

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

64Guitars

Quote from: Satchwood on January 19, 2010, 12:16:47 PMSo how did your original get put in the "covers" thread?

Thanks for pointing that out. I've moved the topic to Originals where it belongs.

If anyone notices any other posts in the wrong board, send me a PM and I'll move them. I don't often notice these things myself because I always read the unread messages which can be from any board. The board that a topic is in is only identified at the top of the page. So, when I'm reading a new unread message at the bottom of the page, there's no indication of which board it's in. Maybe the board name should be displayed at the top of each message rather than just at the top of the page. Or, at least, it should be repeated at the bottom of the page. Pedro?
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Tangled Wires

Must pay more attention not to miss songs like this in the future...wow!!

recorder
Boss Micro BR