Wiley's story of the blues - Tony W

Started by Tony W, October 19, 2009, 03:19:53 PM

The Reverend 48

Tony I am so proud of you
This is Blues of the highest order
I know this will embarrass you
Tony has a hearing difficulty which means he struggles with low frequencies ie Bass and drums so timing has been a real issue
also he has major deafness in one ear so cant hear any of the stereo backers
However he has put in hundreds of hours (literally) overcoming this and mails me at least 5 MP3s a week........
Well my friend it has all been worth while
This stands up with the best
BRAVO TONY BRAVO

Bluesberry

Quote from: 48 on October 20, 2009, 07:30:37 AMThis stands up with the best
BRAVO TONY BRAVO
Thats for sure.  It sounds like your own style is coming out big time, your playing is precise and free at the same time.  And the groove, you are one funky dude deep down Tony, that is the feeling I get from this.  It sounds like you are finding your own groove and style here and not copying anybody. 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

Thanks all!
I'm definitely not embarrassed Mike, The hearing loss is a massive challenge to overcome for anyone wanting to be a musician. Fortunately for me, and unfortunately for Mke, he has had to be my proof listener and fed me hundreds of tips on how to learn to play with the music. I know how much effort and dedication I've put in to becoming a musician, and Mike has been there with me stride for stride.

Quote from: Bluesberry on October 20, 2009, 08:13:38 AM
Quote from: 48 on October 20, 2009, 07:30:37 AMThis stands up with the best
BRAVO TONY BRAVO
Thats for sure.  It sounds like your own style is coming out big time, your playing is precise and free at the same time.  And the groove, you are one funky dude deep down Tony, that is the feeling I get from this.  It sounds like you are finding your own groove and style here and not copying anybody. 

Dave that is quite a compliment. I have definitely been developing my own style all along. Thank you!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Brilliant job Tony, and also great vocals from wiley, Fantastic....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

tafka

i agree with everything said here TW.
this ain't the easiest to do a cover of
Well Done

Tony
and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Satchwood

Nice job Tony - way to compliment PJ's terrific singing !!!  Sounds like you've been putting in a lot of "over-time" on your guitar studies - a very good thing in my book - well it shows !!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

Hey Tony  You can still fly to Iowa, I do have a vehicle and we could probably drive down to see you. Not that far.  You could use one of my guitars and we could jam!!  Bring the amps, & p.a. and awe hell lets just have a party for your folks anniversary. lOL  LIve band, HMMMMM!!???? How fun would that be??
P.J.

Tony W

Quote from: wiley on October 20, 2009, 03:12:43 PMHey Tony  You can still fly to Iowa, I do have a vehicle and we could probably drive down to see you. Not that far.  You could use one of my guitars and we could jam!!  Bring the amps, & p.a. and awe hell lets just have a party for your folks anniversary. lOL  LIve band, HMMMMM!!???? How fun would that be??
P.J.
Thanks Satch! I always appreciate a comment from you!
Wiley,
I'd have worse stage fright than if it were a bunch of strangers! Actually it's probably going to be a bunch of strangers there. I'm assuming family that I have not seen in.... 30 years will be around. I still may drive, I hate being stuck with no vehicle for 4 or 5 days. How far are you from Des Moines? an hour?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Wiley

No we are probably about 120 miles north.  JUst north of Mason City. Probably a couple of hours. One of the guys who owns the campground we stay in is from Newton.  Clifford Sorbo.  Ever heard of him?   But you get there and if you would like We will do our best to come down and see yah!!

Wiley

Stage Fright!!  I would be more scared to meet you in person than being on stage in front of 200 people. LOL Posting here and meeting someone for real is entirely different. Lol  That's scary