Hello and Help!

Started by sunset, October 19, 2009, 01:46:58 PM

Greetings!

I purchased a BR-900 awhile ago and I love it!  Easy to write and record songs, fun to discover all the effects inside. BUT, I have a problem maybe someone can help me with.  I've recorded 3 songs yet they show as 1.  I've gone through the manual, am i supposed to Select A New Song everytime I finish a song (Page 33), and can I correct this after I've already recorded?????  Sorry for my somewhat winded question but I'm new to this, and I'm very anxious to record more!  I wish someone would have told me how inspiring and addictive having a piece of equipment like this can be.

Cheers,
sunset

Geir

I dont have a 900 but I think what you can do, if you have enough space left, is to make two copies of the song you've recorded. Then for each of the thre songs, delete the tracks not belonging to that particular song. To be safe, take a backup first !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

64Guitars

Quote from: sunset on October 19, 2009, 01:46:58 PMI've recorded 3 songs yet they show as 1.  I've gone through the manual, am i supposed to Select A New Song everytime I finish a song (Page 33),

Yes. For each new song that you want to record, you should create a New Song to start with. You can have several independent songs on the card at the same time (as many as the card size will hold) and switch between them whenever you like (ie; you don't have to complete a song before starting another).

Quoteand can I correct this after I've already recorded?????

Sure. Make two copies of the song by following the procedure on page 77 of the BR-900 manual. To select any one of the three songs (the original one and the two new copies), follow the procedure on page 29. Use the procedure on page 78 to give each song a suitable name. This will make it easier to select the desired song when you want to work on it or play it. In each of the three songs, delete any tracks that don't belong in that song (page 75). If memory card space is getting low, you might want to perform a Song Optimize on each song to free up the space occupied by the deleted tracks (see page 78).

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

SteveB

SST - Bit confused by this: You've recorded 3 songs but they show as 1? Do you mean you recorded the 3 songs one after another on the same tracks?  (Any of them between number 1 and 8?). As 64Gs points out, when you want to start a NEW song, then press Utility and choose NEW. It's a good idea to give each song you begin a 'working title', and one that sets it apart from any others you've begun or are still working on, that way you probably won't record over something decent!! Good luck.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Wow, thanks everyone for the advice, hopefully I'll fix everything!

Thanks,
sunset