Hey Guys New Br-6oo came with no memory card??

Started by daveeeooo, October 08, 2009, 08:34:58 PM

just got a new br-600 in the mail from J and R and I put the batteries in and tried to record and it says "no card". did i get a messed up unit? also the mics were kind of staticy. 

64Guitars

Turn the power off, flip the BR-600 over, and follow the procedure on page 15 of the manual to remove the card cover and see if there's any card installed. If there's none and no card was included in the packaging, contact J & R. The BR-600 comes with a 128MB memory card which includes a multitrack demo song. I'm not sure if it comes already installed in the BR, or if you have to insert it yourself. But it should definitely be either in the machine or in the packaging somewhere (probably in the bag with the manual).

If there is a card in the card slot, you should contact J & R and tell them it's not working and you want them to replace the BR-600. It could be a bent pin in the card slot that's causing the problem. You could try to straighten it yourself but I wouldn't recommend that on a new machine. The pins can become fatigued by bending them, leading to broken pins in the future. Better to get a new BR-600 from J & R.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website