Itunes loading to SD card question

Started by bman, October 08, 2009, 04:38:21 AM

bman

Hello to all,

I am new at technology (just left the cave dwelling last week :P), and as I use itunes as primary music venue, when I tried to take a song from itunes to SD card, once converted to AAC format ( how itunes takes a song from a CD -versus download) the MicroBR would not accept the download.

Now the unit didn't let me know that via a nicely scrolled message, it just didn't take. Here is why I think it didn't take; itunes 9 seemed to convert the song to mpeg4. I was able to use windows media player to convert the same song to mpeg3, and it did get to the BR just fine.
But as I have an itunes account, I would like to keep my techno existance as simply as possible -as far as that is possible, anyway.

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Bert

64Guitars

Files from iTunes have to be converted to MP3 or WAV format. See page 91 of the Micro BR manual for the details. There are lots of programs available which you can use to do the conversion. Many people like Audacity and Switch. Or, you can convert your files online using this website:

http://media-convert.com/

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

Ted

iTunes can also convert your non-protected files to MP3 or WAVs.

In Preferences... > General > Import Settings...
Set the "Import Using" menu to WAV Encoder or MP3 Encoder.  (If you chose MP3--as you probably will--pick a bitrate you can live with (see 1-ImportSettings.png)  I have lots of disk space, so I go with the highest quality.)

Once you change these settings, you right-click on the song you want to convert, and select "Create MP3 Version." (2-Convert2mp3.png)

After the converting is done, you will have two copies of the song. (3-BothVersions.png)
Note: Every now and then, when you update iTunes software the Encoder setting reverts to AAC.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac