can someone give me a slap about the head ?

Started by corryhully, October 08, 2009, 04:08:41 AM

Blooby

Quote from: corryhully on October 08, 2009, 04:08:41 AMSparks came out the side and a nasty burning smell.

Just be thankful you aren't referring to a marital aid in this thread

Blooby

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: Davo on October 08, 2009, 03:45:03 PMDosent the MBR use the same wall wort as boss pedals?

Yes, it is the same one that "most" Boss products use.

launched

Another thing is that a PSA is a regulating power supply (64G's has said this as well).

Leave it plugged in and when not in use is cool as a cucumber. It heats right up when there is a power draw. I'm wondering if aftermarket/inferior power supplies that are not regulated could spike extra juice into an MBR. Just a thought.

Also, I have the 200ma PSA  model that goes with the MBR. I don't think that's powerful enough to run much else, so watch your amperage specs.

And how the hell are people getting 4-5 hours on a couple batteries.  :D Especially rechargeable?? I might get three hours tops, and am using all the power saving features.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

corryhully

oh well, rechargables it is then. at least it makes me more mobile.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAnd how the hell are people getting 4-5 hours on a couple batteries.  Cheesy Especially rechargeable?? I might get three hours tops, and am using all the power saving features.

the higher the mah the longer the battery holds its charge.

i had a couple of 500mah rechargable got about 15 minutes out of a pair .lol.

then my bro in law who is big on his digital cameras explained about mah.
 anything under 1000mah is not gonna last too long. but i got 4 2800mah  batteries off ebay for about £8 inc p and p.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

Yes, I agree , I bought the BR adapter and spent the money for it.  I have had no problems.  Alas I have also bought a rechargeable battery thing.  I have had no probelm with that either.   I run my BR through the  adapter probalby 95% of the time.  I know it eats batteries otherwise. So do what you got to do.!

Bluesberry

Rechargable batteries all the way for me (it maintains the portability of the microBR, which is one if its strongest features for me, take it wherever I need to to get some music down).  I have 6 of them and keep 4 charged up in a box, when the batts run out, swap out and put the old ones on the 4 batt charger, when these next wear out, change them out and put the 4 worn batts on the charger and charge them up, rotate around like this, always fresh batteries.  My batts last up to 4 hours I think, just keep swapping out if in a long session.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Just bought an adaptar with a veryable voltage controler set it at nine volts and then don,t sem to have any problems.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ted

Consider yourself lucky.  I did the same thing, but it would not resuscitate under battery power, adapter power, flower power, or anything.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

I've had my MBR for several months now, and have used rechargeable AA's the whole time.  Recently though, I picked up a power-all PA-9D.  http://www.godlyke.com/Online_Store.php?thiscat=16&=SID

Works great for powering the MBR, but I think I'm having some other issues.  Using a stompbox and the MBR on the adapter together leaves me with some power noise I'm not too happy with.  Still, works great in a pinch if my batteries are about to die.  :)