can someone give me a slap about the head ?

Started by corryhully, October 08, 2009, 04:08:41 AM

corryhully

i have just plugged my brm in, but used the wrong transformer. it certainly didnt like it.
sparks came out the side and a nasty burning smell. >:(  a word of warning, when boss state '' use boss psa adapter only''  they mean it. i checked the guilty adapter and it was same power and polarity??.  surprisingly it still works off batteries.

not a happy chappy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Thank God for it working on batteries!! What would you do without it?

What really irks me about the MBR's design is that there is no fusable link on the board. The circuitry is too small to solder on, but with that setup the link could be re-bridged with solder, thus giving the owner another chance. From what I've seen on this site, a capacitor gets blown off the board instead.

Just thank your lucky stars that your "baby" is still usable!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Get it repaired.....

The fortune you spend on batteries will pay for it!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

upsetminded

Mind you, I have never bought the adapter and use recharging Duracells.  They are decent and you get 4 so I never seem to be without power.  They only last an hour, but so do I  ;D
I'd rather be cool than be loved. - Courtney Taylor

Tony W

I have 2 of the PSA's I also picked up a micro cube, it uses the same adapter. I'd be horrified if I didn't have my MBR. I don't know what I'd do without it (1200)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: upsetminded on October 08, 2009, 06:37:55 AMMind you, I have never bought the adapter and use recharging Duracells.  They are decent and you get 4 so I never seem to be without power.  They only last an hour, but so do I  ;D

Wow! I got these Rayovac rechargeable batteries that last 4-5 if I am using the BR non-stop. I only got them because it said that they do not lose their ability to hold a charge with constantly recharging them, something that rechargeable batteries are known for.

I too bought 4 so that I always have some ready, but I also purchase the psa adapter too, just in case...

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oldrottenhead

i bought a mbr adaptar its one more wire to worry about so i never use it i use 2800mah rechargables and get about 4 or 5 hours from two batteries others are always charged ready to go.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Davo

Dosent the MBR use the same wall wort as boss pedals?
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe