Main Menu

it's a ride

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 23, 2008, 01:29:59 PM

Oldrottenhead

R1DE__01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
hi another collaboration with wrightdude. all the music is his, the original instrumental being called kooks. can be found at www.soundclick.com/wrightdude
i took the liberty of writing a lyric and vocalising it over the top of kooks.
here are the lyrics and a ruff mix of the song. and link to song.
http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6570818
It's a Ride.

You know
Sometimes I think
We think too much
You know
It it's all the big questions
Like..............
How did I get here?
What's it all about?

Well some forms of reflection
Can help you with
Decisions in your life
But sometimes
You've just got to
Go take the bull
By the horns

Hey there
Life's just a ride
So let's get on together
Who knows what we'll find
It's a one way ticket
You can't get a return
You're here today
But tomorrow you're gone

So just move forward
That's right
Turn the key in the door
Push it open
That's what it's for
Dip yer toe in the water
See
If you like it
If not
Try something else
Through another door

Hey there
Life's just a ride
So let's get on together
Who knows what we'll find
It's a one way ticket
You can't get a return
You're here today
But tomorrow you're gone

It's not a dress rehearsal
Each act is for real
And there's consequences
To face and to feel
Hey there
Life's just a ride
So let's get on together
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SteveG

That was quite surreal. I am guessing you were/are a bit of an Alex Harvey fan? Reminded me of something he would have done ... or maybe its just the accent. ? Liked it.

Oldrottenhead

i really love sahb know but at the time i didnt get it,my vox are currently being influenced by a swathe of scottish indy bands singing in their own accents, ie arab strap, malcolm middleton, king creosote and the twilight sad.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Pedro

This is pretty wicked and I love it. The chorus is great, the back vocals sound great, you could try to give your main vocal line a little more reverb or add some more layers with harmonics to make it sound more psychadelic.  :D
Keep up the good work, Jim.

antisocialworker

very nice work here guys

jmccull1

Oh man!!!  Another KILLER OldRottenHead collaboration! Very cool vox, and the structure of the sound is bad-to-the-bone! Cudos to wrightdude! I have a friend that is a SAHB fanatic, and I'm gonna turn him onto this.

Great work guys!

BTW, I have an 11 year old that occasionally starts singing "Jelly Wobbles"....so you are a big star here in the states!

Jimmy Mac

jmccull1

Quote from: admin on May 24, 2008, 06:20:31 PMThis is pretty wicked and I love it. The chorus is great, the back vocals sound great, you could try to give your main vocal line a little more reverb or add some more layers with harmonics to make it sound more psychadelic.  :D
Keep up the good work, Jim.
I'd maybe make the sung parts a little more psychadelic too. I found that the little phase shifter effect in Audacity allows you to do a quick L-R pan/phase shift on a selected segment of the song(universally). I've used it to give a sweeping 'leslie' effect. Very 60's.

Jimmy Mac

Oldrottenhead

my kids sing jelly wobbles too lol, should maybe do a version with them. i agree re the vox, was a ruff mix but i think vox are a bit week at times, so when i get the chance i will redo them.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

TRIPPY01
Time:
0:00
Volume:
okay ive completely redone the vocals,

first off there are two backing vocals humming/moaning throughout and then join in the chorus,

one has vocal fx4 the other vocal fx3 , so lots of echo and reverb,

lead vocal and speaking parts done through fornylon effect. (this is my preferred effect for recording vox i know its for recording an acoustic guitar but i think its the best setting for vox)

all vox where recorded via onboard mic with mic effects, tho i did experiment with some guitar effects for the vox but that was just too trippy.

let me know what you think all feedback negative or positive welcome..... hic!
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

jmccull1

Very Trippy Indeed!

Love it!