Some Mixing/Mastering Notes

Started by Blooby, September 29, 2009, 08:26:41 PM

Blooby

Quote from: Bluesberry on September 28, 2009, 07:15:05 PMBR-1600 guys are so fanatical about the mix. You want to analyze every little nuance.  

I would say this is true of many folks here. As somebody who has been around for a couple years, I'm simply amazed over the quality of mixing and mastering that has been achieved at this site.

I said I would post this a while back, but my computer died.  Windows Vista is now making me nutso, but that's a another story. Regardless, the following notes (See attached) were taken from a book called The S.M.A.R.T. Guide to Recording Great Audio Tracks in a Small Studio.

If this format is troublesome, I can try to upload it as something else.

Peace.

Blooby

Tony W

the format should be fine for every computer on the planet, however the content... I didn't get past the first sentence. I have a lifetime worth of stuff to learn LOL

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Wow - Thanks, Bloob! That's a helluva cheat sheet - Through trial and error I've discovered only a couple items listed. This will be invaluable - My patch would turn grey before I could gather all this info myself.

I'm stoked. Thanks again.

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tangled Wires

Thanks Blooby, there is a lot of really useful information in here.

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Davo

Thanks for that.  Now I need to hear what each frequency sounds like.
To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Bluesberry

Great stuff Blooby, I am always loking for info like this.

I hope you don't mind my linking to a post I started up a while ago with some more good EQ info. https://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?topic=2902.msg26419#msg26419

And this is an awesome site:
http://www.recordingwebsite.com/articles/eqprimer.php

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Blooby

Quote from: Tony W on September 29, 2009, 09:32:46 PMI have a lifetime worth of stuff to learn LOL

I rarely refer to the file although I certainly have.  I just thought as long as I was reading the book, I would jot down the truly pertinent stuff. I assume I'll add to it over time.

Blooby

guitarron

Thanks for that Blooby.
here's another useful reference guide-it's for izotope ozone software, but has a good comprehensive explanation of mastering and mastering tools
http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/ozone/OzoneMasteringGuide.PDF

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Wow, Blooby. There's a lot of VERY useful information here. I've never ventured this deeply into recording technique - just relied on trial and error. Have saved this to my hard drive! Nice one.