Brother

Started by Boognish, September 25, 2009, 04:44:10 AM

OsCKilO

Bump....

This is a deep tune is relation to the skill it took to make it!

I keep noticing little layers to this...

This needs a video.....
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

The Reverend 48

Well bumped T
I really love this it seems so sad and forlorn
Great production!

Ferryman

I love the dark, sombre, moody feeling you have here. I really like the background brass (?) sounding keyboard or whatever it is. The vox are great as well. The ending is a killer (literally!).

I'm afraid for me the guitar panning is a bit OTT and I find it a bit disconcerting (admitedly I'm listening on high quality headphones), and it also takes away the subtlety of some of the effects. But it does create a very strong feel to the track so if you like it then that's fine by me.

Great work though, very imaginative and very different.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

well bumped tharek this is really cool and individual and atmosperic and a lots of other positive things beside. absolutely fantastic loved it.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Jim1970

Great haunting piece.

Love the panning effects.

JIM
Now on SoundClick and Reverbnation
http://members.soundclick.com/jmarciniec1970
http://www.reverbnation.com/jamesmarciniec
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Gritter

You got a real brown vibe going on here. I like it a lot...very dramatic - a sort of prequel to Buenos Tardes, Amigo.

Gringo

This is fantastics. One of the best here. The backing vocals are incredible, the whole thing is just superb.      BUMP  BUMP  BUMP up the good stuffs.
ADMIN APPROVED PRANKSTER

henwrench

Totally agree with that freak Gringo.  This is an incredible song and performance. The way the lead vocal swoops in off the back of the backing vocals make old henwrench want to cry it's all so beautiful. Brilliant, brilliant stuff. Mang.

henwrench
The job of the artist is to deepen the mystery - Francis Bacon

English by birth, Brummie by the Grace of God

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

I literally had to close my eyes. I was getting dizzy from the panning! For me it was a bit over the top as well.

That said, Boognish, you are one of my favorite artists here. Love the song. LOVE IT. I'm so glad this circled around again.

P.S. Gringo, I'm going to steal your hat.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Ferryman on October 14, 2009, 01:33:37 AMI'm afraid for me the guitar panning is a bit OTT and I find it a bit disconcerting

I think I'm going to have to agree with Nigel there.  I was listening on my laptop, and it sounded great.  Then I put my head down close to the keyboard and got the panning effect, and started to feel a little motion sickness.

This is a really solid song that doesn't need any gimmicks at all.  Generally speaking, recording gimmicks detract from emotional core of any song. (If a song has no emotional core, well then, go nuts with the gimmicks.)  The panning effect, if used very subtly and sparingly (i.e. not throughout the song), would be a nice touch.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac