Question about drum track

Started by dwardzala, September 23, 2009, 05:34:02 PM

dwardzala

I know you can import a Standard Midi File into the BR and it will convert it to run the drums on the unit (I actually programmed the drums for my latest song in GT4 Pro and downloaded it - it is a much better editor).

Is there a way to reverse the process - say I have drum track programmed in my BR-600 using the Boss software.  Is there a utility that will turn it into a SMF?  I have a couple of songs in y Br that I would like to remix with Cakewalk Studio Instrument Drums, and this would save me the hassle of reprogramming the entire drum track.
Dave

BR-600

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

64Guitars

Quote from: dwardzala on September 23, 2009, 05:34:02 PMIs there a utility that will turn it into a SMF?

There's no software available to do that, as far as I know. However, if you know someone with a BR-900 or BR-864, they can import your BR-600 song and capture the midi data via the BR's Midi Out connector to an external sequencer such as would be found in a midi keyboard, or directly into GuitarTracks using a computer midi interface. If the BR-600 had a Midi Out connector like the other BRs, you could do it yourself. Unfortunately, it does not, so you'll need access to a BR with Midi Out.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

dwardzala