The MBR Condom Works!!!

Started by launched, September 23, 2009, 05:32:12 PM

launched

Quote from: cuthbert on September 29, 2009, 03:17:31 PMI ended up getting one, and I've been pretty happy with it so far.

One complaint, though: the 3.5mm jack is less accessible - most plugs won't fit all the way in...now keep it clean, fellers...  ;)

I suppose I could do some slicing with an Xacto knife to make it more accessible. Wish I didn't have to do that...

I noticed that when using a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. The adapter's 3.5mm end had a bigger chunk of metal on the butt end - The 3.5mm jack on my walkman heaphones is turned down more and fits fine. Two RCA to 3.5mm adapters that I have are different. One is bigger and the other is smaller.

Anyway, I'm thinking about cutting the hole larger as well, but there must be a better way than an exacto knife. I know I'll hack it to bits with one of those. Either way it's a bummer I agree.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

Quote from: launched on September 29, 2009, 04:47:57 PM
Quote from: Tony W on September 29, 2009, 04:19:25 PM
Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 23, 2009, 06:17:47 PMhic
somebody has to explain hic to me. When I get called a hick.... I go straight to fight mode, thus proving them right.

Hic in BossBR.net Glossary  ;D
of course! I googled it, should have searched here instead!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

Quote from: launched on September 29, 2009, 05:04:27 PMI noticed that when using a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. The adapter's 3.5mm end had a bigger chunk of metal on the butt end - The 3.5mm jack on my walkman heaphones is turned down more and fits fine. Two RCA to 3.5mm adapters that I have are different. One is bigger and the other is smaller.

Anyway, I'm thinking about cutting the hole larger as well, but there must be a better way than an exacto knife. I know I'll hack it to bits with one of those. Either way it's a bummer I agree.

Maybe we can avoid the knife. 

I found an adaptor with a low-profile plug on eBay that's for the iPhone, but it should work for any 3.5mm plug:

http://tinyurl.com/yega53f
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

launched

That looks like a low risk purchase as well. But it brings something to my attention. I don't know what 3.5mm is now. Is that the equivalent to a 1/8" headphone jack? Or is it the size of those TRSS micro connectors? I need one of those for my Samsung i760 so I can use it with my car stereo (I installed a jack for an MP3 player, which works really good).

And now after further investigation, the tech specs in the manual have errors - It says the line out/mic connection is 1/4", which is not right.

Aww, my head hurts...
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

3.5 mm = 1/8 inch jack.
2.5 mm = the smaller cell phone size

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Diego Ayala

I am a thinking that my br900 would require a huge rubber...

launched

Quote from: Tony W on September 29, 2009, 08:16:21 PM3.5 mm = 1/8 inch jack.
2.5 mm = the smaller cell phone size

That makes sense. Thanks Tony.

Quote from: Diego Ayala on September 29, 2009, 08:24:37 PMI am a thinking that my br900 would require a huge rubber...

That is the funniest thing I've read all day, Diego!!  ;D
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover