AAKK! Card read error.

Started by Glenn Mitchell, September 19, 2009, 11:11:00 PM

Glenn Mitchell

I haven't had one of these for a long long while.
I had bounced the vox and drums to 1&2 and the instruments and more drums to 3&4
Not a lot of trax on this one.
Then I experimented to see if I could bounce 1/2 + 3/4 together while recording thru the mic and wham! Card read error.
I turned it off and on to no avail so I uploaded all the BRO song files to the computer.
What's next?
Start deleting from the last to the first?
Or
Initialize the card then dump the files back on?
Other?
Tks
Glenn
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

64Guitars

The first thing you should do is make a complete backup of the card. Then update your system to version 1.04, if you haven't already. It's main purpose is to reduce card errors, so I think you'll have a better chance of recovering your song data with 1.04. After updating, initialize the card and restore the backup. If you still have trouble after that, then your backup data is probably corrupt due to the write errors. In that case, try exporting the individual tracks, create a new song, and import the tracks into the new song.

Good luck!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Glenn Mitchell

That was close. I do have 1.04... and I got the backup which was a good idea anyway.
Then I started deleting tracks. Deleting the last one seemed reasonable and that was it!!
Apparently it's not a good idea to try and record along with a bounce.
This thing has been amazingly reliable otherwise.
Thanks for the quick reply.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Geir

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on September 20, 2009, 03:00:36 AMThat was close. I do have 1.04... and I got the backup which was a good idea anyway.
Then I started deleting tracks. Deleting the last one seemed reasonable and that was it!!
Apparently it's not a good idea to try and record along with a bounce.
This thing has been amazingly reliable otherwise.
Thanks for the quick reply.

My experience is also that deleting the last track(s) you've recorded will rectify the error. But always backup first ! And do not continue recording after an error even if it seems possible.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........