fatal flaw music by Damián Lértora lyrics/vox by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, September 15, 2009, 04:26:40 PM

Wiley

Great song!!!  I can see where it can be about all of us.  Again great job guys!!

Satchwood

Wow this really sounds great !!! - singing - lyrics - synth - piano !! Wow !! 

Very catchy piano riff in there!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

OsCKilO

Quote from: 64Guitars on September 15, 2009, 07:30:40 PMT. (osckilo):

The "Hey!"s in Firestarter are sampled from the 1984 song "Close (to the Edit)" by The Art of Noise. The use of a sparking grinder in the Firestarter video also seems to be lifted from "Close (to the Edit)".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sFK0-lcjGU

Oh Yeah....... I Hear it....

They must have liked that tune a lot to pick out that one sample...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

indierik

Wow, I might even like this one better than "The Start of The End" I don't know they're both so fucking good!!!! Sorry I had to curse there but it helped in getting my point across didn't it? This is so my kind of music, it has this kind of 80's new wave/alternative sound to it. The The, Echo and the Bunneymen and Peter Murphy come to mind. A sound I've been wanting to explore more myself and try to bring back to the modern music scene. I'll be putting this on my mp3 player right now. I actually downloaded it about a minute into the song. It looks like we have a new superstar on this site! Both of you together have great chemistry. Prive said Damian is a drummer, but does He play all the parts here? I love his music! And James, stunning job with the lyrics, seriously, stunning!!!! You have a Peter Murphy thing going on in this song. Love it!

Prive, I can't wait to here your new project, please keep us posted.
Without music, life would be a mistake.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Oldrottenhead

QuoteYou have a Peter Murphy thing going on in this song. Love it!
i'm not gay my wife will testify to that. but ive actually kissed pete murphy i also had a mud fight with kirk brandon

christ i must be gay.

both events are true

when i say mud i mean mud not the other dark matter
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Ferryman

Great stuff, this is a powerful combination. ORH's vox and lyrics complement the music superbly. The music is so well put together and well recorded that the vox are the icing on the cake. I can see this is going to be a great partnership.

Quote from: oldrottenhead on September 16, 2009, 06:19:25 PMi'm not gay my wife will testify to that. but ive actually kissed pete murphy i also had a mud fight with kirk brandon

I think I might have kissed Pete Murphy if I'd ever got close enough. Bauhaus were a huge influence and he was an amazing frontman. But I would have been worried about ingesting drugs via osmosis......

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

I've been listening to this one again.

Its got an epic sound to it. I think the music is great and the lyrics just fit so well.

Nice track guys.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.