Would you buy a mic clip adapter for your Micro BR?

Started by Ted, September 15, 2009, 12:23:24 AM

Ted

I made this when I first got my Micro BR.  I use it so often, I tend to forget it wasn't standard equipment.

I've volunteered to make a few more of these to help raise money for Pine Forest School in Flagstaff AZ.  Pine Forest will buy the raw materials and give me access to their woodworking classroom.

They'll be  $14.95 US plus shipping ($3.19 US to addresses or $12.95 to UK addresses).

Mic Stand Adapter:

Micro BR, mic clip, and mic stand not included.

Attaches with industrial-strength Velcro

Won't come off with normal use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PHP1peHl4M

These are made with volunteer labor from me and some 8th grade students, so all of the proceeds go to the school except for the cost of materials and shipping.

BTW: I cleared this with the global moderator (64Guitars) before posting.  I know that we don't want to turn this forum into a place where people are hawking their stuff.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Good idea, but not me I'm afraid. I always hold the MBR in my hand.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Glenn Mitchell

I made one just like that and it works great. A good idea and a good price for those who don't like or don't have access to tools.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Tony W

I have access to the tools, but what the hell, I like to support education. Just placed my order.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Tony W

WOOOT, Just got an email from Ted, Mine is on it's way! Oddly enough I'm more excited about this than the new bass I just picked up!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Tony W

Ted, it was just delivered today. I already see things I like about it. Often when I'm sitting at my desk playing, I have to slide my guitar around so I can over over the mbr to see the display. With the mic clip, I just leave it on the mbr, and it props it up without falling over.

I can't wait to give this thing a run tonight. Very solid design and construction. I won't have to worry about breaking it.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ted

Quote from: Tony W on October 08, 2009, 03:03:30 PMTed, it was just delivered today. I already see things I like about it. Often when I'm sitting at my desk playing, I have to slide my guitar around so I can over over the mbr to see the display. With the mic clip, I just leave it on the mbr, and it props it up without falling over.

I do that too.  I've even recorded with it that way, with the mic pointed at me (instead of straight up) while I play guitar sitting next to the table.

Post a photo.

I sold another one yesterday.  Didn't recognize the name from this forum.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Davo

To be pleased with one's limits is a wretched state.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Tony W

lets see.... cell phone pics, what do you do? and yes, I staged my guitars a bit lol

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR