Late Summer Days (Original Instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, September 11, 2009, 08:08:04 PM

Ferryman

You did really well here Dave. I agree that your key timing is a bit tentative in places (but I can't talk when it comes to keys!) but there's so many layers and cool parts here that it really works overall. And more inner prog coming out as well with all those different sections as well. What a great way to spend time off work!

Cheers,

Nige;

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

galestermusic

I think the key "mistiming" and the guitar over the keys is what makes this song so great! One day I'll pick up the piano, great comp!!

Wiley

Holy crap BB I almost missed this.  This is just awesome,  I have a keyboard also might have to play it more often.  But I am having to much fun learning the guitar. You were outstanding.  And to  think you are just learning it.  I am impressed.  VERY impressed.
P.J.

mr2kewl

Quote from: wiley on September 14, 2009, 07:08:02 AMHoly crap BB I almost missed this.  This is just awesome...

ditto what P.J. says...

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

guitarron

Nice stuff BB
love the string buildup
some nice licks
cool tempo change

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Satchwood

I kind of picture this father & son & daughter & wife family jam in the living room !!  A warm meditative picture in the inner mind - cool guitar licks & keys!!!

Dad's on the rippin guitar - son's on the drums, daughter's on the piano, and Mom's playing the organ.....  8)
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Proggy ... Fun .. Listenable ... Uplifting .... Just lovely BB !!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SteveG

How long you had that thing? Sounds like longer .... Cool sounds ... was messing with a keyboard last week. Turns out I cant play one :D

Bluesberry

Thanks very much for all the inspiring comments.  Keyboards are one heck of a lot of work, I am realizing, but I can't stop now, I love the sound too much.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand