Late Summer Days (Original Instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, September 11, 2009, 08:08:04 PM

Bluesberry

Late Summer Day
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I was Goofing around with my sons electric piano and my microBR today and whatever else was lying around in my music room.  This is the result of my efforts today, on a late summer day.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Holy smokes, Dave - You have the music bug in you!! And it's as proggy as hell, too!!

This is freakin' great!! The red ale is treating you well - I know you are working with the keys and all, but that guitar is making happen as well. A unique style that I am totally diggin!

Sweeeeeeeeeet!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

launched

Yep, my initial suspicions were right - Freakin' awesome!!

Very surprising, and it's just great!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Tony W

You are f*cking kidding me right? You've been playing keys for what 10 minutes? You pulled this out of your ass? I'll edit this tomorrow when I'm not pissed with envy, and tell you how insanely good this is. Envy is such an ugly thing, but tonight is one of those nights!

It is an honor to share a forum with all you talented sods.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

OsCKilO

I was Gonna do that the Other day.........

But My kids Piano is only two note Polyphonic!!!!!!

Lol

You are Freaking Awesome Dave!!!!!!!!

The Changes are Freaking Skillfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You Have Progged all over your Sons Toys..............Lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Post BB!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Music Bug is winning Bro!!!!!!!!

Is that the Tele?

You Freaking Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Typing as I Listen)

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bluesberry

Thanks guys, I can always count on you three to catch a post out on on a Friday night/saturday morning.  ;) What does that say about us?  As for the piano, it is not really a toy, it is a pretty nice beginners one, Korg SP250.  I wanted something with real piano action for the boy to take his lessons on and something nice to put in the front room, kinda like a family piano that anybody can tinkle on.  I started out just recording the piano to see how it records, and well you know, it kept building as the hours ticked on.  I can't think of a better way to spend a Friday off work.  ::)  As for Tony's comments, I don't know. I find I am picking it up pretty fast, I just apply all that I learned from guitar and it doesn't seem too bad.  Of course there is also multi-tracking.  All playing is one handed and then layered through the magic of the microBR.  My timing is off in spots (especially that middle section), I cant make my hands do what I want just yet.   I really love the sound of a piano and can't stop playing on this little sucker.  I am working up to writing a real song on the piano for a change instead of a guitar based song.  Thanks guys!!!! It also felt good to give the guitars (Epi Sheraton and Tele) a workout after playing keys for the last few weeks pretty much non-stop (HeHeHe, so you see Tony, its not only 10 minutes practice, since I got my synth its been a lot of keyboard playing for the last few weeks, I get all obsessive like that sometimes, just ask my wife  :P ).

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Tony W

As an active obsessionist, I can spot a fellow obsessionier... apparently a thousand miles away. I know what you mean about picking it up quickly. I never touched a bass before, and was down at the local music shop waiting on my Fender.

I picked up a bass and started pretending that I knew what I was doing. My previous instructor asked me how long I'd been playing bass. I replied "about 2 minutes!"

So, back to the song, I could hear the uneasy control of the keys, I could definitely hear the layering which was pretty sweet.

When you started to fill the tracks up with guitar and drums, it really started to pop. When you get control of the keyboard, you are going to have some strong "Songfu". Shit, now I need to go find the definitions thread, I think I created a term.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss BR-80

recorder
Boss Micro BR

tafka

and if the sun should fail to rise against my
shoulders one last time...

Bluesberry

Thanks TJ.  Its funny I start on something like this and I have a hundred ideas but have to choose one or two things to focus on or I would get nowhere, and then it develops a life of its own.  The keys are fun for sure.  Slowly getting to grips with it.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

zabel8484