Time:
0:00
Volume:
woodstock (banner image missing)

Hello Woodstock!

ARE YOU READY TO RO...

Hey...

Where'd everyone go?

I started on this well before the deadline, but life got in the way.  Way back in July June I looked at the list of "songs" performed at Woodstock and saw The Abbie Hoffman Incident and decided that's what I wanted to do.

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbie_Hoffman#Controversy_at_WoodstockAt Woodstock in 1969, Hoffman interrupted The Who's performance to attempt a protest speech against the jailing of John Sinclair of the White Panther Party. ... The Who's guitarist, Pete Townshend, ... ran with his Gibson SG and rammed it into Hoffman's upper middle back. Hoffman turned with mouth gaping, back arched with one hand trying to reach the injury as Townshend, disgruntled and yelling "Fuck off! Fuck off my stage," put a hand in Hoffman's face and shoved him backwards to stage right. Townshend then said "I can dig it."

Nigel (Ferryman) provided the Kaossilator.  I did the fuzz bass, and drum arrangement. Everything else — guitar, bass, voices — comes from the incident.  And the voices say certain words that are inappropriate for many workplaces and homes.

The audio is NSFW.

Here's the video:

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

I can dig it!!!

Seriously, this was a brilliant arrangement. Right up my alley. Loopy, samply sounding genius!!

I'm a huge Bill Laswell fan, more on the lines of Praxis, Material, Golden Palomino's, etc. This whole arrangement is definitely in that kind of spirit.

Make a whole album of this shit!! Sweeeeeeeet!!  8)

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

hooper

:D Heh.... loved the woodstock pic and caption. 
And nice job of putting together a sample and loop project. 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Bluesberry

Nice bass playing.  Horny Harold came out to play, nice Rick Wakeman lines there.  This is just great, I really like it.

I can dig it.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Quote from: launched on September 02, 2009, 04:56:28 AMI'm a huge Bill Laswell fan, more on the lines of Praxis, Material, Golden Palomino's, etc. This whole arrangement is definitely in that kind of spirit.

Make a whole album of this shit!! Sweeeeeeeet!!  8)

I'm embarrassed to say that I'm not familiar with any of those artists, except Bill Laswell (barely).  I'll have to check them out.  I wondered what someone who knew this genre would think of this.  (The only research I did into this genre was to listen to The Rockafeller Skank by Fatboy Slim a couple of times to convince myself that listeners might tolerate "I can dig it" so many times.)

As for a whole album: I can't dig it. The Micro BR is definitely not the ideal environment for this kind of project.  A simple thing like nudging the words "dig" and "shit" to their intended beats was extremely tedious.  The slicing and looping took countless hours.  I hardly touched a guitar or bass for a month.  Whenever I had time to work on music, I was pushing those little silver buttons.  I've probably heard Abbie Hoffman say "pile of shit" more than any person alive.

I should mention that Nigel, with his adventurous spirit, jumped on this project given only the sketchiest description.  And, when I was only expecting a synth solo for the middle, he provided me with textures for every part of the song. 

Big thanks to you, Hornigerryman!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

launched

Ted, I would like to warn you that there is a whole world of Bill Laswell, some of which sounds nothing like the song you and Nigel created. A legendary bass player that has traveled across the entire sound spectrum. His focus is mainly odd world fusion stuff and funk. He has collaborated with Bootsy Collins, Bernie Worrell, Buckethead, Nicky Skopelitis, etc.

Your note filled bass playing and beat choices remind me of some of the music he has created in the past. Unfortunately, You Tube is a tough weed-through regarding Laswell. I did manage to find this one - It includes a profound narration from William S. Burroughs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scU3WE560Gc

Sorry to ramble - I just love that old Axiom/Subharmonic Records world...
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

OsCKilO

Holy Shit!!!!!!

I can Dig this Big style!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Tech Job!

Sounds Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peace

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Ted

Quote from: launched on September 02, 2009, 12:23:53 PMI did manage to find this one - It includes a profound narration from William S. Burroughs:

I can dig it.

I remember a Bill Laswell piece on a compilation cassette I had years ago.  Didn't like that particular piece much, and never gave him much thought again.  He's probably one of those missed-connection artists for me.  Been there all along, right under my nose, and I never noticed.

Thanks!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac