Message Card Full

Started by sccrrckr, August 30, 2009, 09:17:14 PM

???  New to the BR and Board.
I recorded about 1 hour of jam session and card is full. Tried to export to Computer but says card full. I have backed up, I have exported 50 times before and no problems.
I tried deleting some of the recording to clear up some room but did not work.
Have updated to new firm ware. Need help, great recordings through the live Mic's.

64Guitars

Use the BR Wave Converter software to export your songs. It doesn't care if the card is full because it stores the converted file on your computer.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Cannot pull off the card even with the converter. Do I need to buy a card reader to do it? I am trying to export but stiil getting the same error. I have optomized and erased un-necessary recordings.

SteveG

Guess a card reader would do it ... weird that the Wave Converter wont tho ... it it a solid hour in one file?

64 is the man who can help on this if anybody, so keep checking back.

64Guitars

A card reader is a useful accessory to have, but it isn't necessary to use the BR Wave Converter. Did you follow the instructions in the included "WaveConvertReadMe.pdf"?

Before you open the BR Wave Converter program, connect your BR-600 and put it into Backup Mode (see steps 1 through 4 on page 164 of the BR-600 manual). Then open the BR Wave Converter program and select the drive and song. Select the pair of tracks that contain the stereo mix of your song. They'll turn from green to orange. Now click the Stereo Link button directly below them. A short black line will appear between the two orange tracks, indicating that they are linked as a stereo pair. Click the GO button, then specify the filename and folder of the WAV file and click the Save button.

The BR-600 cannot produce a "Card Full!" error when it's in Backup Mode. So, if you see that error on the BR-600 while using the BR Wave Converter, then you haven't got the BR-600 in Backup Mode.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Card reader worked perfectly. Thanks.

longjourneyhome

Quote from: 64Guitars on August 31, 2009, 09:52:50 PMBefore you open the BR Wave Converter program, connect your BR-600 and put it into Backup Mode <...>

Just had the same problem and the BRWC worked like a charm. Thanks 64Guitars.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss BR-1600