"Paper Anniversary" original by Ted (Saijinn's Song Challenge)

Started by Ted, August 30, 2009, 05:56:43 AM

Wiley

Only married a year.  NO wonder it's still romantic. LOL

Rickocaster

I was just cruising around the site today and decided to listen to some Ted. Your musicianship is great, but what I really enjoy most about your stuff is the way you approach your lyrics. I love the way you craft your words to get your point across, and then build the music around it. In this particular song, it comes through when you drop down to minimal instrumentation going into the last verse. If you played this live, I'll bet you could hear a pin drop during that section. You really know how to hold the listener's attention.
http://www.youtube.com/rickocaster
Come on, you know you want to go there...

Ted

Quote from: Rickocaster on September 27, 2009, 03:52:41 PMI was just cruising around the site today and decided to listen to some Ted. Your musicianship is great, but what I really enjoy most about your stuff is the way you approach your lyrics. I love the way you craft your words to get your point across, and then build the music around it. In this particular song, it comes through when you drop down to minimal instrumentation going into the last verse. If you played this live, I'll bet you could hear a pin drop during that section. You really know how to hold the listener's attention.

Thanks so much.

As a bass player, I used to build my songs around the bass part.  But since I haven't been in a band in many years,  I've just been writing songs on acoustic guitar all by my lonesome.  It wasn't until I got my MBR and started recording that I realized how unsatisfying my songs had become from a bassist's perspective.  This is a good example.  Just when I get a groove going, the damn song makes me stop playing the bass.  I have no choice in the matter.  I must do what the tyrant song demands.

BTW: I don't have anything to bring yet to my songwriter circle, which meets tomorrow.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Satchwood

this is a flippin great song...sung with heart.......!;;;;;;;;;;

i actually avoided this song due to some unfortunate circumstances in my current maital relation or lack thereof......s e p e r a t e d......gotta keep em seperated........da da da Na......

She does deserve a better plan......................a better life......

Paris might have been fun.............may have save the day................?
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Ted

Satchwood, that sucks.  I hope my song didn't aggravate your emotions.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ted

Bluesberry bites the bump bait!

Thanks.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ted

In 2009, many of us on the forum lived through the great "Uploading MP3's to the forum server will not be possible" scare.

Back then I converted many of my song posts to Soundclick links. Now I'm going through and making sure that there are MP3s on my old song posts, and masterbumping while I'm at it.

The first anniversary of my first marriage seems like a long time ago – almost 12 years. Now I'm living in Madagascar, and am recently remarried. Our paper anniversary will be in December this year.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac