mystery blues

Started by StevieM, August 20, 2009, 03:55:35 PM

StevieM

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Right, the story behind this.
I'm STILL no good on which key anything's in, or where the boxes/root notes and scales and stuff are on any track, despite Mikes attempts to drum it into my thick skull, and just mainly play 'by ear'. Haven't got a bloody clue most of the time where I'm supposed to start/finish and stuff, if it sounds ok--- I play it ( or try to :)).
Mike said he found that hard to believe so sent this backer, without telling me what it was, then told me to work out the key.
So played it through a couple of times, came up with this, then, (more by luck than judgement) told him the key.
He said 'post it'---so it's posted.
Couple of duff bits, I know.

Oh yeh, Steve G compressed it for me, it was far too big.

Honest comments welcome!!
I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Facemask93

Sounds good to my ears Steve , how long have you been playing electric , has Mike been giving you lessons or just helping you to learn positions and scales

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

mr2kewl

from one "By the ear" guitarist who can't tell the difference between a dorian scale and a bathroom scale to another...

sounds great to me.

8)
"Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted" Bill Laswell         "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny" Frank Zappa

wandering aimlessly around as: Mr2Kewl - The Kewl Trio - Mr2Kewl Quartet and The Total Chaos Orchestra

launched

I'm enjoying this one, too!! I like the guitar effects a lot.

Good stuff, Steve!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Wiley

THis is very melodic.  If thats a word. lOL  gives me shivers.  You may not know the key and I don't until I play around a bit.  But you definitely found it.  I have been trying to catch up. But not doing to well.  To many irons in the fire.  But I am digressing.?  This is truely awesome and Mike wouldn't tell you to post unless he thought it was great.  It definitely has a mystery feel to it.  I wonder how you find the time to keep up with all the challenges. lOL  I hope you have played this for your other half.  This is very romantic.  In one more word ........... can't think of one that describes this.  Just keep on picking and feeling.
P.J.

SteveG

Quote from: mr2cool on August 20, 2009, 04:37:18 PMfrom one "By the ear" guitarist who can't tell the difference between a dorian scale and a bathroom scale to another...

Difference is I can use a bathroom scale  ::)

Sounds just fine Steve, even after being hacked to fit! Quite an eerie effect you have going on there too. Getting better all the time.

The Reverend 48

Quote from: facemask93 on August 20, 2009, 04:33:43 PMSounds good to my ears Steve , how long have you been playing electric , has Mike been giving you lessons or just helping you to learn positions and scales
Facemask93

Theres a gang of us BR Boys and Girls (10 in fact) going thro some Blues Improv stuff I have devised...email me if you need more details.......
mmacforte@googlemail.com

Steve my man this is just so dark and sweet...keep em coming  8) 8)

StevieM

Thanks for the comments ( again) guys ;D

Quote from: facemask93 on August 20, 2009, 04:33:43 PMSounds good to my ears Steve , how long have you been playing electric , has Mike been giving you lessons or just helping you to learn positions and scales

Facemask93

Let's put it this way, I've had an electric for a looooooong time, on and off probably since I was about 18 or so ( 55 now!). Only ever came out now and then, got a few notes out of it, but on the same 'plateau' for bloody years, never any good. You REALLY wouldn't want to hear my first efforts, but if anyone on here upsets me enough I might just post them ;)
Started with Mike about 2 months ago. Lessons---but very simple ones, minimum theory ( they have to be, I think I'm theory dyslexic :D). I don't quite know how the clever sod's done it, but this is the result.

Quote from: 48 on August 21, 2009, 06:39:06 AMSteve my man this is just so dark and sweet...keep em coming  8) 8)

You try and stop me----you're stuck with me now!!!

I always say, if I can leave somebody happy and smiling at the end of the day-----I've completely f*cked up!!

Bluesberry

Deep and dark indeed.  This is dripping with atmosphere, well done.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy