Out-of-the-box metal tune (with final mix on page 2)

Started by Blooby, August 14, 2009, 10:22:16 PM

Blooby

Thank you so much, SE, and I sincerely mean that.  I don't think it terms of lyrics, so it's always ultra-cool when somebody takes a tune to some other place.

By the way, I tried to remix several times in audacity, but between learning the program from scratch and trying to come up something worth posting after your post, well, I'm just not there.

Thanks again.

Blooby

galestermusic

Blooby I have to ask, how did you get this Big Sound, Ive been trying to get it and can't is this all MBR?

Greg

Geir

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

Thanks, all, for the comments, and thank you again to side effect.

Quote from: LESTG on August 23, 2009, 07:50:06 AMBlooby I have to ask, how did you get this Big Sound, Ive been trying to get it and can't is this all MBR?

Greg

I think it fattened up once there were two guitars going.  Hell, I don't know.  It was recorded on a BOSS 1600 CD.  One guitar is through a Behringer V-Amp Pro and the other went through an M-Audio Black Box.  Both were live.  My friend takes the first solo, and I take the second.  The solos were live as well, which is why they are so...er...so-so.  Bass was overdubbed using (I think) the onboard effects in the BOSS, and the drums were programmed after the fact in the BOSS as well.

Blooby

SE

Could go wrong with such a great guitar track from Blooby can,t wait to here the final mix and thanks so much for your kind replies.
recorder
Boss BR-80

SteveG

Hell yeah!!

I want to hear this fully mastered too. Great stuff.

Blooby

cRockVoc1
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I'm not used to mixing songs of this nature, so my apologies, side effect, if this is not to your liking.  I went heavy on delay and reverbed it up a bit along with some EQ.  Mostly, though, I cut and pasted some of your vocals a bit to move them around a little.  I liked how you sang over the second part of the my buddy's solo, so I copied and pasted for mine (the second solo).  Then there was this crazy drum part I wanted to come through, so I moved some vocals out of the way.  Other than that, I think I just nudged a line here or there.  I hope you don't mind.

If anybody is wondering, I did the cutting and pasting in Sony Acid. 

Thank you again for your vocal prowess.  It is appreciated.

Blooby

SE

You,ve done a great job love the mix, I was going to give the second solo some vox but did,nt want to trample on the solos too much so I,m glad you,ve changed it. Did,nt mind about moving vox your drum part is so cool.

thanks again    John
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Wow - don't know how I missed this one!!!  Great stuff hear guys!!!  Got that "live" rockin metal feel for sure - I know some of it was actually done live which is so flippin cool!!!

I think you should bring your solo's volume up Blooby  - needs to be much louder in this mix (for my ears anyways)...

This rhythm rocks, kinda motley crue-ish - very driving hard impact tone!!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Blooby

Quote from: Satchwood on August 26, 2009, 12:32:36 PMI think you should bring your solo's volume up Blooby  - needs to be much louder in this mix (for my ears anyways)...

The tune was wiped long ago from my recorder.  I am only left with a wav file of my original mix.  All I can do at this point is tweak the mix between vocals and music.  Oh well.  I hope this won't affect my inevitable career as a hair band shredder.  My extra large spandex tights have already been ordered (fork in the eye...fork in the eye).

Peace.

Blooby