Shine On Sai (Challenge)

Started by Saijinn Maas, August 14, 2009, 12:24:27 AM

Saijinn Maas

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Got home late from work, but I wanted to do this up right quick.

I used the wah on my new ME-70, but I think it sounds a lot more digital after exporting it. :/

Geir

Seriously good playing Saijinn!!

Delicate choice of notes and cool phrasing!! ..... and with your wah you really make that guitar speak!!

God mode enabled indeed !
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ferryman

Lovely playing, a very different take, I really like the steady descending sequence at about 1:40. The wah effect is nice and you use it really well but I agree it does sound a little digital.

It does sound a bit odd having the backer in mono in one channel though, if you could get that in stereo it would really help the overall sound. I think the wah would sound less digital if it were better blended with the mix.

But that's not really important, the playing is, and that was great. Again, very impressed you could do something so different with such a well known track.

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

The Reverend 48

Saijinn I think your playing is exquisite your choice of notes and melody is perfect
I would have loved to hear it with sustain and verb to give that melody the space it deserves
Well Done! 8)

SteveG

Very nice laid back restrained playing, just what this backer calls for. I have to have a go at this one....

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

I like this - the tone sounds fine to me. Nice controlled melody as well - like BB said, "Full on Beauty".

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Satchwood

Nice take Sai!!  Cool melodic licks there - carefully placed notes & smooth sounding!!

Since I'm half def in my right ear, the mix sounded perfect to me  :D
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Saijinn Maas

Quote from: 48 on August 14, 2009, 04:50:56 AMSaijinn I think your playing is exquisite your choice of notes and melody is perfect
I would have loved to hear it with sustain and verb to give that melody the space it deserves
Well Done! 8)

I think you are right about sustain and verb... I think I wanna gonna redo this one without the wah tonight.

Satch - So when are we gonna hear your take??? ;)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Satchwood

My lunch time at work is about all the time I've got for music lately......wish I could record then......hopefully this is only temporary....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great job Sai!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)