Spread My wings by Oldrottenhead : old song revisited

Started by Oldrottenhead, April 25, 2008, 03:33:56 PM

Oldrottenhead

hi hooper just noticed that the synth bass with autopan reminds me of the intro to international feel
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

hooper

Ha! Haven't heard that one in years.

Pedro: The mp3 glitch was my doing. Didn't have it set up right at first but then came back later and fixed it. 
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.

Oldrottenhead

think i'll dig out a wizard a true star for the car haven't heard it in yonks.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

Wings_plusplus
Time:
0:00
Volume:
rough mix for your consideration-i put a subtle jazz box trk and a electric piano patch
first takes-i had to stop working on it for now can come at it later today if ya want me to
btw-hooper your tracks are stellar
ron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Quote from: admin on April 28, 2008, 05:41:07 PMDoes it work now, can you play it normally? I can play it normally on Firefox 2.0.14. Maybe its just a temporary micro-glitch.  :D

Quote from: hooper on April 29, 2008, 04:06:00 AMPedro: The mp3 glitch was my doing. Didn't have it set up right at first but then came back later and fixed it. 

Yep, it works now.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

guitarron

wings last go
Time:
Volume:
Hows this mix-i cut the bassyness of the jazz box -set the pans(everything was in the center for rough mix)-set the levels back on jazz guitar

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

let me spread my wings final mix
Time:
Volume:
guitarron sent me the tracks for the keys and guitar he did, i snipped out his guitar where  hoopers guitar came in coz i think 1 guitar there is enough but left the keys untouched, panned keys and guitars left and right cannea mind which is left and which is right and added some reverb to both tracks this is my first go but if guitarron and hooper like it i'll post it at the nevermet site, i should really post it at the bunkbeds site as it is a bunkbeds song of old, but wherever it goes doesn't bother me. so here it is. feedback most welcome........

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

guitarron

i think i sounds empty in those those parts at the end of the choruses
but i was trying to take it in a jazz direction

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

hooper

I think this is the best mix, Jim.   ;)
Ron, I think the keys fit in great and enhance what's going on with the rest of the instrumental backing.  IMHO... the thing about the 'jazz guitar' element... cool-sounding jazz riffs and great guitar tone but just wasn't fitting in artisticly with the song.  Part of what I like about the ambience of this song is that it's kinda hushed and restrained, held back....
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
These days I merely dabble at being old and wise.
But I swear, I used to absolutely excel at being young and stupid.